Wednesday, December 28, 2005

RRR - Rain, Rainbow and Robin


After the cruel enemies, the people who don't give the appropriate respect and the relatives who don't understand the importance of the mission, the Black Knight must face a new problem: the hard rain and the wind. He hopes that the Blogger Army can help him in this long war.
Here we don't remember a season with these atmospheric events all together. Luckily he conquered long time ago, as a war trophy (indeed he bought it for 1000 euro), a treadmill to train when the weather is bad.
Yesterday 1h 16' of boring run on it and today, in spite of the rain, a scheduled 12 km. (7.4 m) workout near the sea but I could not finish my work because after 15 minutes I found a lost little robin (redbreast) lost on the road. Now the pretty little bird is in the warm house of a breeder. His name? Red Knight of course!
How did I spend the time on the treadmill? Listening the rock of the Rainbow (omen nomen as the latin said!!!).

12 comments:

  1. The Black Knight with the heart of a ministering angel! What a wonderful story! Thank goodness the little robin found a Knight in Shining Black Armo(u)r to save him! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Knight would find winning the war much easier if he got himself a Garmin Forerunner. It is something like a cross between a phaser and a Dick Tracy radio watch that will tell you how far you have run, what your average pace is, etc. I really depended on mine to help me regulate my pace during the Vegas marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS; I made that comment because I read your comment on Susan's blog, where you asked about them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Black Knight has such a kind heart to rescue a robin! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toaster of Bread and Plodder of Pavement volunteers to join the quest of the Black Knight against the four elements of nature. While you battle the Earth and Wind, I hold back the Fire and Boogiewonderland.

    Was this the Robin that was stting in the treetops all day long, hopping and boppin and singing his song? For if that was true, you must have chanced upon the infamous J Bird Street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, ::she says while pressing back of hand to forehead::, to behold within my site the Black Knight and Toaster battling forces beyond their control, to permit mortals all over the world the ability to run free outside forever! It is all too much for one princess to take in....I think I shall sit a spell and just bat my eyelashes. :::bat, bat, bat:::

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice guy that Black Knight is. And yes, you must look into Garmin - I completely agree w/Scott....Love my Garmin.

    Sorry Black Knight for posting about going back to the office during your vacation.... :0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes - get a Garmin - highly recommend it (although, I've only used mine once).

    Happy little Robin . . . awwwhh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAwwww, the Black Knight is a galant savior of the Red Knight!

    I, too, shall join forces with The Black Knight (and the Toaster of Bread) to overcome this new enemy of the Kingdom. With the power of the Rainbow, we shall be victorious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love my Forerunner. It's a Great toy!

    How's the robin doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Black Knight is chivalrous!! And tender-hearted, in addition to being a hard-core runner. enough to make a wizard swoon.

    ReplyDelete