Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dog Attack


Another week has gone and the Black Knight succeeded in following the scheduled program to the big event of the Marathon of Rome despite the Garmin tricks and another dog attack: Monday 13.1 km (8.1 m); Wednesday 17 km (10,5 m); Thursday 10 km (6.2 m) and Saturday 27.7 km (17.2 m).
On Saturday, while running with Sir giorgio, 3 dogs attacked the invincible italian Legion near the sea. The coward defeated enemy Army is scared of fighting against the Black Army so they try to hit the glorious Black Warriors by monsters, ghosts and....dogs. Poor dogs they immediately ran away when listened the angry yell: don't piss off the Black Knight!!! The report of this battle is also on the Sir giorgio's blog.
Garmin news: the Black Knight after a self-psichological-training to stay quit and not to kill too many (perhaps) innocent persons called the wizard who builds the terrible weapon. He said: "sir, please, if you don't kill me I tell you the secret. You have to update the software by www.garmin.com and you have to adjust the Pace smoothing". Now I have a question for the blogger friends: in your opinion, is more accurate for our purposes "most", "more", "less" or "least"?
Black Knight Army breaking news: Sir runr53 joined the glorious Army as Master at Arms. We are every day stronger!

15 comments:

  1. Black Knight Army 3-Dogs 0. Way to go! Onward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog Black Knight - is that what you're called? I will be definitely in Italy sometime in 2007 - must find a race to do while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful now...those dogs may have gone off and recruited more pups for a second attack! Must always be prepared!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cowards unleashed the dawgs?? I hope you were merciful with the poor beasts. Perhaps they can be re-trained and join our forces to overcome the enemy hordes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am animalist, I love the animal and I am always nice with them. By the way I suggest a beautiful website www.romancats.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dogs - however, when I'm out running, I really hate them. I can feel your anger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Garmin is set to "Most" .... it seems to work but I can not remember why I did this.

    When I lived down south there would be times when the dogs would attack me as I ran. But living in Brisbane this is not a problem.

    You are right on your schedule I see ... this is a great accomplishment in itself, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job defeating the dogs!

    I just stopped by to say, "Hi!"

    *jeanne*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now the territory is measureded. We'll check the garmin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get the Garmin all figured out. Nice job on defeating the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Usually if you scream no (in a low loud voice) a dog will stop coming at you. Maybe it is just my big mouth that scares them - but it always works for me.

    Your training is going great Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you survived?? I wish I never fing dogs on my way that could kill my love for running.. is it possible??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, not big fan of dogs while out running especially when the owner doesn't seem to care that their dog is scarying the shit of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you didn't name the breed. were these dogs german shepherds, great danes or irish wolfhounds? or were they chihuahuas, pomeranians or bichon frises?

    rumor has it that the cassowary (big bird, blue head with some hard thingy at the top) in far north queensland likes to chase joggers. but not in the playful fun way, but the "can eviscerate you with its toes" way.

    back to the dogs, me thinks they were not chasing to do harm, but because they were attracted to the aura of power that surrounds you and leaves a tail in the wind, like a comet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To I hatetoast: As the latin said: "Aquila non captat muscas" that means "the eagle doesn't care of the fly". So the Black Knight when says dog means a big dog or a shepherd dog.

    ReplyDelete