Friday, February 10, 2006

The quiet before the storm


The quiet week. This week the Black Knight spent his time to rest and recover the lost strenght because of the wounds, but during this rest he also had a sore throat. The Black Kingdom was defended by the other members of the glorious Army.
However the final battle of Rome must be fought so, although wounded, he made 2 workouts: tuesday 13.4 (8.3 m) km and friday 11.6 km (7.2 m) both at 5.30/km. (8.51/m). On Sunday despite all the problems the Black Knight will destroy the coward enemies in the Fiumicino Half Marathon; the health situation and the scheduled program recommend not to push so I think to finish around 1h45'.
The confirmation. The Black Knight is officially registered for the final battle and the number of war is 8514.
The Garmin tricks. On the February issue of Runner's World there is an interesting article on the GPS lies. The wicked instrument seems to measure less than the real distance as I have tested everytime.
The shining armours. The italian legion of the Black Knight Army, after many discussions, decided to order black t-shirts and singlets to train and race. After a long siege and many assaults the dealer accepted an unexpensive price. He was scared after the famous yell: don't piss off the Black Knight!

13 comments:

  1. hope the sore throat and light training don't hold you back! Looking forward to the battle recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Sunday, and try to heal that sore throat before then. Maybe the run will help take your mind off of it? That is, if a sore throat is all that ails you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up, drink lots of hot things, and get better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "il chip Winning Time?"
    With vocabulary like that, I should be able to speak Italian like a goddess. I just need to make sure that "il chip Winning Time" is in the majority of my sentences.

    Good luck, slay well, don't get blood on the armor, it rusts!

    My word verification for this post is "kroox". "Crook" in Aussie slang means "sick." is this a sign?!?! An omen?!? Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the Garmin article . . . but Garmina is perfect, so I feel no threats.

    Can't wait to read about your battle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good the the knight his back on his feet, but do not forget that a strategic retreat in this battle may well be the cunning ploy that wins the war.

    My word verification is "sbmtntf" which is also an obvious omen. [S]ir [B]lack knights [M]arathon will have an explosive ([TNT]) [F]inish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your throat feels better and you run a great race.

    Madam Garmina told me I ran 27.1 miles for my marathon. It certainly felt like it and made me feel so much better about my time. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better soon so you can do battle in the half marathon. Lady CJ has had a mixed week as well but is ready to slay the dragons out at Stromlo tomorrow - a 32km run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo...when do we get to see the new armour??? I'm so excited!! *jumping up and down*

    Sorry about the sore throat. Did you visit my blog lately? That's probably where you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're feeling better - and Good Luck for Sunday. Don't let the enemies overcome you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck at the half-marathon tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job on your recent 1/2 marathon. Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't interfere with your upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 8514 - a number of POWER. I can sense it, even from across the wide ocean!

    Vanquish the enemy tomorrow. Or...I guess the world being as it is...for you, it's TODAY!!!!

    Go to your GLORY, Black Knight! This damsel on the Chesapeake Bay is waving her handkerchief to YOU!

    ReplyDelete