Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Bounty Killers



Lady jeanne convinced me to talk about this topic because I was a little embarrassed. Here it is usual, during the main running events, to organize a parallel shorter race to get more runners at the start.

I noticed some important data: the prizes are the same but in the main event enter thousands faster persons and in the shorter race only few slower runners. The fee for the first is expensive, for the second unexpensive. My age group (MM50) is the most crowded and if I could compete in the younger age groups (MM45, MM40 and MM35) it would be easier to receive the prizes.

Everytime I entered the less important events I succeeded in getting the prize: always! The last time was in oct. 2005 when, because of a strong flu, I ran for fun the short distance instead of the crowded half marathon. I finished the 7.3 km (4.5 ml) in total relax with a time of 33.46 but I arrived 20th, just in time to receive the last possible prize!

Moreover in february 2006 I ran the half marathon of Fiumicino at 4'47"/km (7'42" ml) pace with a final score of 90°/191 in my age group. Unbealivable but in the parallel race of 10 k (6.2 ml) the second of my age group covered the distance with my same pace, but I ran 21.1 km!!!

For these reasons the Black Knight and Sir giorgio decided to begin a career as Bounty Killers until the end of the race season, entering the shorter distances while all the runners run in the main event!

18 comments:

  1. So true over here as well. Certain races, the shorter distances and some age groups it is easier to win or place. There are some runners who wait to enter and analyze who's in before deciding which event to enter.

    Since I never have any hope of winning, I just enter what I feel like running...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is yet another outstanding idea by the Black Knight and Sir Giorgio. If you two stay together much longer you will be taking over the whole world! Hey, can you please figure out how to get our President out of office? I would be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the future bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now the Black Knight will become in to a mercenary runner... Well as long as you continue running, the rest is fine!

    Just don'r forget to show up all the prices always, I don't blame you they are a temtation. But I am convinced that only if I keep running 'till over I am 85-90 I will not receive any.

    Strange that cathegory is that crowded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enter the events that I am inspired to enter. Some races I have NO HOPE of placing well, and some I may come out as 1st in my age group (These are SMALLER events, to be sure!). I think the BIG events that have shorter distances linked to them STILL have too many speedy folk for me to win anything, even if I did the shorter race. Around here, there are SO many events to choose from. And so many different reasons for why I want to do one over another. Hard to decide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Black Knight has proven himself to one great strategist.

    Somehow he kick started the year with a debut triumph in the deserts of Arizona by Lady Tammy. He tricked the enemies into thinking they had won the war for Rome. They were only to find they were outflanked in Canberra thanks to CJ and will now have little hope in Boston with Lady Elizabeth ready to plant the Black Flag there.

    No wonder that the Black Knights bounty grows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, a great strategy indeed! And I am planning on planting the black flag in Kirkland, WA next month when I run the half-marathon there. But, it has many long hills, so I will need the army on my flank (you know, to push me up those damn hills!)

    Oh, and I love the "I had a strong flu so I ran the shorter race for fun"... you have nothing to prove here sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, one more thing... Blade Runner, one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ready. We'll became mercenary runners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Black Knight is a bounty hunter. I knew it all along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool, wish you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What will you do to those that doubt your honour great black knight?

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's great! Bringing home the hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can Bayley, my pup, be the Mascott??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dov'e Il Cavaliere Nero?

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, I give great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great plan and I, the army's strategist didn't think of it. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete