Thursday, August 24, 2006

The gift

Today when I got home from work I found a package from Australia "To the Black Knight of Italy" and, what a nice surprise, it was a gift from the far friends iliketoast and IHateToast (I don't know how they can get well together with such opposite nicknames, but better I mind my own businness).
Inside there were a Nike singlet + scarf, hat and a bag of the aussie rugby! I will wear all of them with pride.
Thank you, thank you very much, in this way you have satisfied my 2 passions: running and rugby. By the way I have already the tickets for the rugby test match Australia-Italia on 11/11/2006 in Rome.
The training is going on despite the hot weather. The meteorologists said that it depends by the warm winds from Sahara. At the moment I am not following a special program: only 4/5 weekly workouts of about 12/14 km. (7.45/8.7 miles), at a relaxing pace, following the feeling of the moment. In this way I am ready to prepare at the best the Florence Marathon by the 4th of September.
In this picture you can see the photo of the Black Knight Army, italian legion, celebrations. From left: Alessandro, Gianni, Sir giorgio, the Black Knight's wife, the Black Knight and the Alessandro's wife. Completely hidden are the wives of Gianni and Sir Giorgio. Why are they hidden?

10 comments:

  1. How fun! Isn't it nice to be off a sepcific training "regimen" for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If one hates toast and one likes toast, then they will never fight over who gets the toast! :)

    Go Wallabies! Although, with the way they have been playing, the Azzuri (?) might go close to beating them. But beware the injured wallaby. They might have a few new faces in the team too, so a bit of an unknown quantity for the Eupopean tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know how weird it seems to read "winds from the Sahara." Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does one have to do to get these presents in the mail?? hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool presents. But I presume you won't be wearing the Australian shirt when you watch the match against them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... sweet Schwag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Shirt is the one from my pacing the 4 hour marathon with the black balloon and it will help you with Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can never keep the toasts straight--sorry guys/gals, that's why i can't comment! it's so confusing!

    but what a nice present they sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dear. that wasn't deirdre who left that last comment, it was me, her MOM!!! I was signed in as her bcs i just made her a blog. wow, i am stupid about blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forza Italia and go Aussie!
    I am torn but of course we know the winner!

    ReplyDelete