Monday, November 20, 2006

Champion of Italy


The Civitavecchia Half Marathon was also valid as italian championship of the port operators. I did my race and I didn't care. After my arrival I took the usual t-shirt and I came back home. On monday the president of my running team made a call: "B.K. you are italian champion, please come here to receive the trophy that you didn't take on sunday after the race". I thought she was joking but....it's true, I am the champion of the italian operators in my age group. A doubt: was I the only one????

10 comments:

  1. Here you go, from defeat to glory. Much better than the other way round :). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hardware, I should sail over there and plunder it away. Love hardware especially the interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. listen to you... "was i the only one..."

    NO!
    now don't be a grumpypuss. show off your trophy with pride. it'll protect the queen when you're off battling other forces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice piece of hardware indeed. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Soon you will conquer Florence. Drink lots of water and eat lots of pasta. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Champion! ..... From now on you should be known as the Champion Black Knight. Humble in victory you are truly a great leader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice trophy, wait to go. Congratulations!!!

    I haven't won a trophy for running since I was 17 and that was a very very very long time ago...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo!! My hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is excellent! I just now saw this post - bloglines has failed me. You have been a champion for a week and I just found out now. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete