Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 Running Goals

Races: To enter not less than 10 races included 3 half marathons (with at least 1 sub 1.40) and the Florence Marathon under the 3h 45’.
Blog: One post every week. The Black Knight cannot write more because he is too busy to defend the animals and the borders, to rule the kingdom, to conquer new lands, to give freedom to the oppressed and to console the widows of the brave passed warriors (but not in the way you think because the gracious Queen is too jealous and I am in love again).
The Army: Now the Black Knight Army is imposing, we are 27 warriors (ladies and gentlemen) and 2 scouts (brave dogs); see the list on the right part of the blog. Now the time has come: the Black Committee decided to constitute 3 legions, in alphabetical order: American, Australian and European.
Sir iliketoast had a great idea: to count the victories of the Army for the year and the many marathons across the world. Please, if you like, send me the data and I will do a summary of the glory!
The last but not the least, Lady IHateToast asked for some pictures like these and I follow the order:

New Entries: The Black Committee is glad to announce the 3 new entries: Lady Hilda: amazon, Lady Lulu: amazon and Lady *Jeanne*: minstrel of morale .

21 comments:

  1. Hmm - and a fine Aussie battallion we we have too. I am confident many victories will be won down under and much plunder enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud and humbled to be added to the ranks of the Black Knight Army!

    *lady jeanne, minstrel of morale*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals for the Black Knight and the 3 legions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the defending and conquering this year BK. We need all the help we can get:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in love again with the Queen, right? Or must I be working on a possible exit strategy?!?!

    We're going to hold you to the one post per week commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the the contingents! And counting up the victories for the year!

    I'm so glad you are in love again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers to the Tag questions. How did I miss those? Happy New Year BK - I think your idea is a good one - we should swap legs when racing as it appears that we are suffering from the same issue but opposite knees. Happy New Year!! Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I hope to be a contributing member very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The army will only get stronger over the years. One day we will circle the globe. I will send you my info.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sir RunDave reporting in from the Australian Legion. Good to hear that the black knight is armed with Mizunos too. They will bring many victories and great glory to the black knight army.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To write of victory is to invite victory. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool - it just occurred to me that I'm part of the "American Legion" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. could you save me all the wine from the race packets? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is always more time for posting you silly goose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The australian battalion is looking strong and ready for the year ahead! I hope you achieve all your running goals for 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what would i be? an american in australia... australican? amerialian? texalian? austraxan? all sounds either like fish-eating birds with saggy chins, extra-terrestrials, or bathroom cleaner (eco-conscious, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  17. "console the widows of the brave passed warriors (but not in the way you think because the gracious Queen is too jealous and I am in love again)." Sir Pat, the desert Defender is ready to take on this task for you.

    Pat
    American Legion

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome post. I like the break down. SO far just one miserable 3rd place age group for me in a half marathon this year. No more races for 2 months though.

    I will help with the taking care of the widows if you need it. All in the name and service of the black knight of course.

    The Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lofty goals! Let the defended borders sing, the protected animals cheer, the conquered lands vow submission, and the soothed widows detail all the intricacies of solace :).
    Give praise to the Black Night!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Race details will come your way - there will be a couple of results in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, the return of the photos pleases me.

    ReplyDelete