Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tagged and injured

Lady Anne tagged me and it is a pleasure to reply:
1. Find the nearest book
2. Name the book and the author
3. Turn to pag. 123
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the three next sentences and post to your blog
5. Tag three more folks
Dear blogger friends, I am sorry but I am Italian and I read books in Italian language. I hope you will be able to translate. However this is a book about the Etruscan people.
La Civiltà Etrusca by Werner Keller.
Sorgono edifici pubblici e templi: ai piedi del Palatino la domus regia, la casa culturale del re e dei sommi sacerdoti, e il tempio di Vesta, a pianta circolare. Le parti in legno vengono ornate di terracotte variopinte a figure e motivi ornamentali. Presso al fiume, vicino al punto di traghetto, sorge una seconda grande piazza dove, come già fra il Campidoglio e il Palatino, vengono spianate le capanne esistenti.
THE INJURY. I was wrong, my knee has a problem. I went out for a long distance run but after 1 hour I felt a pain into the knee and after 90 minutes it became very strong. I stopped myself and I went to a physiotherapist. It was not easy to find the exact place because it only hurts after many minutes of efforts but at last, pushing his finger under the knee, he said: this is the problem! What a pain! Well, the marathon damaged a bag under the tendon of the knee and now I don’t have anymore the right lubrication (sorry for the terrible explanation but I am not a doctor!). The cure is to run on the treadmill for no more than 1 hour every other day for one month and ice before and after the work.. However I can ride a bike.
THE GOALS. The only goal is to recover the injury. No race and no specific training. In England there are many celebrations and people are happy because the Black Knight will not run the Mornington Chasers Regents Park Winter 10 k race.
THE LEGEND. The Black Knight Army is always a legend. Movies, books and comics talk of it.

18 comments:

  1. It is so sad to hear of the wounded warrior. The evil enemies have stuck with a cruel and most vicious blow. However, they may have held you back for now, you will show them when you return to the roads without injury. That will be the greatest victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear the injury will take some more time to heal. But it is good that some minimal running can occur so that the Black Knight will be ready to race again in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) in the 5th grade i did a report on the etruscans. i did it in english, because in the 5th grade, i was still in my english phase of life . ;-)

    2) now that knee thing sounds like bursitis. i've heard that is very painful, so you take care of it. you may woo the queen, but explain to her that you cannot do it on one knee for a month. however, you are still a knight and must sit lower. i suggest a smaller stool.

    3) alan ladd played shane. my dad's favourite movie ever. i didn't know he did anything else. this is clearly an educational blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this translates to: "I will overcome this injury and rule the running world again, just like the Eruscans did long ago."

    Thanks for playing along, dear Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very painful and I hope you are soon back out conquering the races of the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look after that knee - there are future campaigns to thinkabout. Build up the strenght and enjoy the break and the Black Knight will come back stronger than ever. In the meantime the Black Kinght Army will continue the campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take the time to heal properly. We hope to have you back in battle soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently read this: "Working out does not make you stronger. REST after workouts makes you stronger."

    Rest well, you will come back STRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Their celebration will be only temporary ... beware the return of the Black Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing can hold our dear Black Knight down--in time we will have you back in front!

    Now it's time to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take care of yourself and may you heal much faster thatn I!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sucks on the injury. Ice it good and work the machines. You can do it and not lose much on the conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bicycle is excellent cross-training and will keep your cardiovascular fitness up. Listen to Lady *Jeanne*, she is wise. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no! I hope it is not too painful. At least you get to work out during your recovery. Rest and heal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of public edifices and ornamental patterns, of wood and terracotta, and the temple of Vesta… such high-minded knowledge as befits a Black Night.

    ‘d love to run Rome-Ostia, straight into the ocean. Does the Black Night have magic powers of transposition?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've never run in the snow and ice. (I just "came" from Dori's blog, in the Land of Snow and Ice America, Minnesota.)

    I used to run in ANY kind of miserable wet and cold. Snow, Slush. Freezing rain. Darkness. Slippery conditions. Wind. But not often in HEAT. Now I wimp out at ANYTHING. Unless I already paid a race fee.

    ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why must we encounter injuries?! I know it totally stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Black Knight will live to fight again and in the meantime Il Primo Assassino will keep the unwashed hordes at bay with mercyless precision!

    ReplyDelete