Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Africa

(The B.K. and the Queen on the camels in the Sahara desert)
(Tunis)
(At the edge of the Etna mountain in Sicily)
(What does it mean?)
Training: august began very well with good trainings. Despite the hot weather I also succeeded in running 2 long (18 km. – 11.2 ml) and 2 speed sessions (10 k). Everything went well waiting for the start of the Florence marathon program by sept. 3rd but I was not lucky because during my vacation on the cruise ship Costa Victoria, I felt bad before with a sore throat and after with a bronchitis. The day of the landing I had temperature, cough, ulcers on the tongue and pain everywhere. Now I am at home sick and I don’t know when I will be able to run again.

The cruise: The port of calls were Catania, Tunis, Gabes, Tripoli and Malta. On the ships there are 2 jogging tracks and 3 treadmills; the best is on the 6th deck, mainly in the shadow, 450 metres long (0.28 ml). The first day I ran 10 km on that track in 50 minutes, it is not possible to run faster because there is no moquette and the floor is always partially wet. That was my last workout before my illness. Here are some pictures of the trip.

14 comments:

  1. conquered africa, too?! you are a force!
    sorry you are under the weather. perhaps the queen will take care of you. or she'll just smack you and tell you to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was fun trip except for the part about getting sick. The enemies of the Black Knight are getting devious to undermine his health like that.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a bad illness, Stephano; I hope you recover quickly. What a fun vacation. Was it scary to be atop a camel? You and Daniela should plan a "cruise" to California--then she wouldn't have to fly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hot here in August as well... please get well soon I hope it doesn't keep you down for too long!

    I'd love to visit Italy my husband has been to Cortona (sp)I signed up today for a class to learn to speak Italian :) It's pretty basic for the "traveler" but I'm very excited to learn something of it!

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pictures, too bad about the sickness. Get better soon.

    Good Luck for the match. Don't be too rough - our boys' bones seem to break easily these days, and they won't heal in time for the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looked like a wonderful trip :) -- until the sore throat. :(

    Get better soon! Good luck with your training for Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, what did you catch on that cruise?! Well, I hope you recover quickly because there's a marathon calling your name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a good doctor! wonderful pictures, the queen is very lucky!

    I've heard you can get some nasty diseases on cruises.

    GET WELL SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good disinformation that the building of a moat, a little water on the deck, will slow down and stop your army. Your enemies will be busy with that and never look up to see when you arise and go over them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know the Italian legion tried once to take Africa but now that your in charge I am sure it will be done!

    Looks like fun, glad your out and about. How is the running feeling? You had some nagging injuries?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures from your trip. You are a lucky man indeed. I hope the illness is gone and you are back to running.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the illness, but those were great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the vacation photos. hope you are feeling better soon! perhaps you need more vitamin c in your diet?

    ReplyDelete