Thursday, December 27, 2007

A 2007 to forget

2007 is a year to forget for all the problems I had to face. The last is the boring fact that I cannot post by Explorer and the only way is to use the Mac system by another pc, but it is impossible to create the links. I tried following the instructions and sending an e-mail to blogger.com: everything pointless! Any suggestion to fix Explorer?
The balance:
Mileage: 1221,1 (758.4 ml) until sept. 18th, day of the incident. The mileage was low because in the first part of the year I suffered of a bursitis as consequence of the Florence marathon. In the same period of the 2006 I ran 1903 km (1182 ml).
Races: only 4 and with a pace slower than my usual for the bursitis. Faster 4.39/km, slower 4.53/km. In 2006, in the same distances the paces were 4.26/km and 4.38/km.
The leg: At last, after the check, the doctor said that I can start to walk without the crutch. Slowly, and step by step, I must learn to walk again. Perhaps I will be able to run a little in early march.
At the moment I swim as long as I can and I walk all around the city waiting for the magic day when I will run for the first time after the incident.
This is my last post of the year so I wish a wonderful and happy new year to all of you. Ciao!!!!

(A memory: when the Black Knight was in the Coast Guard)

18 comments:

  1. Thre's much of 2007 I'd like to forget too. And I love the Coast Guard picture...since you know I have a thing for Coasties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to the Black Knight. Maybe you get strong and be victorious in 2008!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BK looking for the evil David Hasselhof!

    You'll get there. Don't stop the physio. I'm paying the price for that.
    Merry merry and happy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. buon natale!!!

    yes 2007, begone! looking forward to 2008! may we all become strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the day you run again I will shed a tear for happy. Happy New Year! Ciao Amico! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2007 will be the fuel for your return, best wishes for 2008

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2008 will be a better year for the Black Knight and his army. I wish you a speedy recovery, lots of great swimming and may those walks soon turn into magical runs. All power to the Black Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2008 will be a better year but keep it slow and steady with the eye on 2009. I also had a less than happy 2007 for my running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buon Ano Black Night. i'm cautiously optimistic about 2008.
    a little gun shy i suppose maybe once i've fully recovered from this bug i'll get more enthusiastic. cheers and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year - crappy old year! Here's to a shiny fun new one with TWO legs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to your triumphant return in 2008. Wishing you all the best for the year to come. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes for a productive and enjoyable 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The good times will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Black Knight and I hope that 2008 sees you return to the road in good form.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, Stephano! I'm glad you are making progress in your recovery and are able to walk without crutches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Walking around, seemingly incapacitated, observing and making mental notes of the area. A wise course of action for when you return stronger than ever after March to vanquish the interlopers. We will keep the frontiers secure. Have a swift return.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2007 was "challenging" to say the least. Unfortunately, I will have to admit, that in my own mind, I did not live up to the challenges. The challenges beat me.

    But I'm not dead yet. Where there's life there's hope. So here's to 2008.

    Here's to HOPE.

    Here's to friends, near and far.

    Here's to NOT PISSING OFF THE BLACK KNIGHT! ;-P

    ReplyDelete