Sunday, July 27, 2008

The winner is ....

The contest: I am sorry for the delay in communicating the name of the winner of The Outdoor Journey's competition but I was very busy to finish in time my job for the Nomeports project. I had a lot of reports to fill within the dead line on july 31st.
As 21st Century Mom made, I took the names of the people who are interested in winning the Dan Millman’s book, “Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior", put them on little pieces of paper, shook them up, picked one and ... the winner is .... Lady Anne!!!! Congratulations.
The celebration: To celebrate the Lady Anne's victory, the most famous italian rock progressive band, Le Orme, offered a concert in a little town in Tuscany, Civitella Marittima, to pay honour to the Black Knight and the kind winner. This was another unforgettable concert.

Training: This is a great summer of sport. Swimming across the sea, biking and running in a row. Running is slow again, about 6'30"/km, but I have to wait for the surgery before pushing....if I will be able.

10 comments:

  1. I think you will be able to run after the surgery. That's why they do these things, right? They do it to restore you back to full force. The full force of the Black Army will dominate the Italian triathlon scene next summer - mark my words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I knew as the Black Knight Army's defensive strategist that my plan would work. (Though chance and luck played a part too, I suppose.) And to have a concert by the very own Le Orme in my honor is even better than being declared the winner.

    Oh, my e-mail address: asaita at hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm nearly where i was pre-surgery, so if you are patient, the old times will return. if you don't anger the queen and run beheaded, they will return.

    and you're italian. drink lots of Vitamin C for cappuccini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Anne is a friend so I will not be mad at her victory. The concert was a fitting celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looked like a great concert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cross-training will only make the Black Knight stronger. I'm glad that your fall after the Race for the Cure did not cause serious damage. When is your surgery to remove the hardware?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to lady Anne! :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tuscany....I'm jealous.

    While on vacation I watched a life guard swim in the ocean and watching him stroke through the current was amazing.

    You are at least doing other things. When you back to running you'll be faster than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to lady anne! lucky her! are those boys throwing flames on stage? it looks like a fine concert! and you will soon be back running. until then you can always take up triathlon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the surgery goes well. When is it?

    ReplyDelete