Saturday, October 11, 2008

Montalto 10k

Official report:
The mighty Black Knight never satiated with the victories, always looking for new glory, marched pride to the Montalto battlefield to remind to the subjects who rules on those savage lands. As the coward enemy army saw the Black Knight to appear on the horizon, the dread became irrepressible. After a bloody fight 57'40"long, the battlefield filled up of white flags. The enemy surrendered and peace and justice came back to Montalto. This is the photo of the loot of war:

Real report (Confidential -Not to share please!!!!): The official distance was 10,550 km (half - half marathon) but I think it was a little bit more because my pace was regular (split km per km: 5'22", 5'28", 5'26", 5'22", 5'22", 5'18", 5'35", 5'20", 5'25", 5'15") and how is it possible that I covered the final fastest downhill 550 metres long (0,34 ml) in 3'47"??? 3'47" means 6'53" km (11'05"ml)!!!! However the final official time was 57'40" (5'28" km - 8'40" ml). The score was 47° of 56 overall and 3° of 3 in my age group (51-55 y.o.). I could not make more than this in a competitive official race. My leg is heavy and I cannot push or I feel pain. I must be patient and waiting for the surgery with the hope that I will become a normal runner. At the moment I am disable at 17% because of the kind of the fracture and all the "iron" in my leg. However I won (???) a lot of food for the 3° place (see the photo) - even if last in my age group -

Ciao a tutti!!!

16 comments:

  1. I really need to come to Italy to do a race because that would be so much more fun that going to the local Italian delicatessen. Of course I would have to be crazy fast like the Black Knight, too. Congratulations on taking 3rd even in your disabled condition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations black knight!

    3rd in your age group - and the loot includeds 2 bottles of white wine among all that good food! wow!

    even with all that metal in your leg, looks like your recovery is progressing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job on the race! Recover well and enjoy the food :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd like to run in Italy, just for the wine. is that a sausage?
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better not eat all that war loot too quickly or your leg won't be the only thing that feels heavy. Still, bravo to our dear, brave Black Knight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Black Knight, that is quite a battle you have on going!! Good Luck with the surgery on the 31st, you've been through an awful lot...good for you to stay so active!!

    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you will never be normal--that's way too boring for a tough knight; however, you will be the black knight of earlier times. soon. for heavy legs, you're doing alright. patience, grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, I am back after a break.

    Good time especially given your ongoing issues with the leg. Be patient it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stefano.. I'm very glad with your last comment.. You run again .. and win!!! I' very very glad..
    Enjoy the food and the wines... :)
    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Italians know how to give a prize after a race. I would run so much faster if that were at the end for me.

    What is that meat? Salami, prosciutto? All you need now is 5 year old Gouda. I'm obsessed with Gouda lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BRAVO, Black Knight! Again you have brought great honor (and many prizes) back to your adoring subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always amazed at the amount of loot received in these races. It is a victory indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats to your age group win. wonderful goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats! I'd love to win all that italian food and wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have great courage, Black Knight! Congratulations on your taming Montalto. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forgot to wish you luck on your upcoming surgery. I hope it all goes well and you are able to recover and run the way you want to.

    ReplyDelete