Sunday, March 08, 2009

Scotland

Sorry for the long silence but i don’t like to write posts with a simple list of workouts without more interesting (?) news and some images. Moreover it is difficult to tell something about running if I am only working to recover a good condition: I mean speed and mileage. At the moment the muscles of the knees are again weak to push more.
This situation get me a little lazy so I didn’t run while I was far from home for work and pleasure. In fact in this period “of silence” I went to Naples for the meetings of the Espo Sustainable Development Committee and the Ecoports Foundation Board - where I am member - and to Scotland with my son for the rugby match Scotland – Italy.
For the first time by 2000 I can say that this Italian team is a shame, the players go hard at every game but the head coach makes experiments!!! How can he make experiments against England, Ireland and Scotland??? If you want to try something of different do it with Luxembourg, Andorra, S.Marino, Vatican City not against such strong teams!! So Scotland received this kind gift: “our” head coach Mallett put the scrum half as full back, the full back as scrum half and we lost again!

The Black Knight crowned King of Scotland at Stirling Castle (near this Castle Braveheart defeated the English army).
The Black Knight under the monument built in his honour to celebrate his visit.

The King of Terror inside the Rosslyn Chapel (did you see the Da Vinci Code?)

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip ... despite the game!

    Keep working your way back with the running BK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stoping by Stefano, really great to hear from you. And I'm glad things are going well. I've added you to my peeps something I've been meaing to do. That will remind me to stop by every now and them.

    I'm on that road as well. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog! Incredible recovery you're making after your accident. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am alive! I find that I use my internet time for Facebook! :-o I will try to blog again...soon, I AM still running, and still have Florence in mind for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment on my blog. It sounds like you've had a huge challenge getting back to running after your accident & surgery. Good work!

    Great pictures from Scotland. I'm surprised you were allowed to sit at the big table at Stirling Castle (or did they make an exception for the new King?). I love Scotland! Never been to Italy, but someday I will... and I plan on spending all my time drinking wine and eating Gelato.

    Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by and for the tips.
    I did notice after the 5 miles I started feeling tired. I figured I would use the gel at the 5 mile mark and again at the 12 mile mark.

    If I'm feeling good then I may not use it.
    Amazing pictures of Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how to travel! I might need some advice next time I go on a trip so I can get the royal treatment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like nice weather turned up for the Black Knight's coronation too.

    Good luck for next rugby match.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry about the experiments. at least you got to have your chair sized for when they handover rule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might still be recovering, but your expression tells me you're almost ready for battle again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the pictures. I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Black Knight will one day rule the world! But it is good to take some time out to visit Scotland with his heir.

    Continue to fight the good fight!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like Scotland was wonderful but sorry about the rugby match. Hope it goes better next time. Love the photos. Great that you are recovering well and running again. That is such good news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I predict sunnier days ahead for the Italian rugby team.

    ReplyDelete
  15. told you I would stop by just to say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about the loss! I always enjoy your photos. I would love to travel in that part of the world someday. Such history there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to hear that you are back running. Congratulations on being a Grandpa too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You didn't include France in the list of nations the Italian team ought to practice on before confronting strong national teams.

    ReplyDelete