Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th of July

The visit. The 4th of July was a great day in the Black Knight Kingdom, we received the visit of Katy the Greaty IHateToast from the pacified and unified kingdom of USA/Australia where she and her husband iliketoast rule with wisdom and justice. We visited many famous places in Rome: Spanish Steps, Via del Corso, the Pantheon, Campo de' Fiori, the Parliament, Navona Square and Trevi Fountain. The time was too short to visit other parts of that wonderful city. Thank you again Katy for the visit and the wonderful present: the singlet of the Brisbane Running Team, I will wear it with pride. Below the Black Knight (on the right with the blue t-shirt) checks the people who are waiting for the arrival of the famous Katy the Greaty (on the left Spanish Steps, in front Square of Spain, on the right the Spanish Embassy):

Below Katy the Greaty and Daniela (Black Knight's wife) near Trevi Fountain:
Below: Katy and Daniela in Navona Square refresh their noble feet:
Training: the things are going better even if the knee hurts a little but I know that the recover is long and I must be patient. The program now is day after day: swim 60/75 minutes across the sea), bike (90 minutes), run (50 minutes). The time of the workouts is more or less the same of the last month but now I am faster and I feel stronger.







15 comments:

  1. How nice to see Blogger Royalty!

    Way to keep up the good work training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sounds like a knight who also is the perfect host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is an incredible host. I enjoyed my time even though it was brief.

    What the BK was very kind not to publish was that his TWO scars are still neater and thinner than my single scar. If you want to get your hip and femur fixed, go to Italy. They'll sew you up like a neat Gucci.

    I've tossed the coin into the fountain. I'll be back with the Toastman in tow.

    (Word verification is "cativeri", which means "true Katy", so I'm honest when I say that I'll be back.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going well on the training front. Feeling faster and stronger is a good sign.

    Fun pictures! Looks like a nice time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy so much the way you write!!!
    Seems that you are on your way to a very strong recovery. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Hope that other black Knight's members in the world will visit our territory.

    Congratulations for your hard training. This week I'm smimming in the pool near the "bar quaranta".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay - again you were a fantastic host! Sounds like Katy had a wonderful time. Those photos brought back wonderful memories of beautiful Roma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun meeting that must have been! Glad to hear you're back to training again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A military leader of wisdom and ability lays deep plans for what other people do not figure on.

    The wide assortment of maneuvers is wise. The enemy is confused. Will you stymie his depredations by land or by sea? By straight ahead onslaught or slashing attack? And when?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peter's comment above cracks me up.

    Glad you had a good visit by Katy and are feeling faster and stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your travels are always so enjoyable. I'm happy to see that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always a pleasure to host royalty from other lands! I am sure that you all enjoyed a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting to be visited by Katy the Greaty. Train steady my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is some pretty outstanding training you are doing.

    ReplyDelete