Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The conquest of Tuscany

The conquest. After the conquest of the sea the Black Knight decided to conquer new cities and went straight ahead to Tuscany, a wonderful region in the centre of Italy.
The Army conquered Cortona, Florence, Arezzo, Montepulciano and other less important garrisons.
Now the black flags waves on the tuscan skies.

Pictures: n° 1 typical Val d'Orcia landscape; n° 2 the Black Knight at Monte Oliveto abbey; n° 3 Daniela (B.K.'s wife) near the Asciano cathedral; n° 4 the pool of the hotel in Cortona.
Training. The muscles of the left leg are smaller than the right leg ones, but this is normal after all the fractures. Now I succeed in running the 10 km in 60 minutes, 2 minutes less than the last month but, as we say, the road is long again. To stay fit I continue to swim and bike for a good cross training program. Even if my son “rings the bell” I don’t enter any race.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this region is almost mythic in US circles. Very romantic and so perfect for a knight and his family. Glad you're making slow and steady progress with the leg. Resist that bell-rining, oh Black one. Resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing so very well with your recovery and training, keep up the good work!

    I love your adventures and photo's ~ thank you! The fellow I work for is currently in Sorrento and I'm here running the office, hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. You told me that the muscles of the left leg are smaller than the right leg ones, but with your swimming training they are going to grow.

    I'm still dealing with ragades problem, so I will not follow a running program for next Civitavecchia's half marathon. Of consequence, I can't swim your 3 km. race.

    Other running friends of Uliveto's park will began the training next week. I can't.

    Next week I'll call you. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuscany.

    Never have been. Now that it's been purged of the unworthy by the BK, I should visit. It looks gorgeous. The Queen, too.

    Glad to see that you've taken 2 minutes off your 10 km. Yes, the road is long, but it can be a pretty road. Enjoy and appreciate it. All those other runners with "perfect" legs don't appreciate it as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next week I'll try to follow a half marathon training program.

    I wrote something about the training schedule on my blog.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet you had a wonderful time! Daniela looks fabulous. :-) Please give her my regards.

    Dave is talking about attending cooking school next May in Emilio-Romano. I'll let you know if we go to Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I would love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sub 95 minutes half-marathon is a dream for me. I run 102 minutes the 2006 Civitavecchia's half-marathon. Moreover, you have to think that now I'm older than three years ago and there aren't friends who help me to follow the program.

    Next sunday, the 11th of October 2009, the Montalto's half-marathon will start and Umberto De Angelis has asked me to run it.
    If I will run the Montalto's half-marathon I considerate it as a trainig. If you want you can run another Montalto's race, which is 10 km, during the same day. Consider what to do.

    DON'T FORGET WE HAVE TO GO TO BERLIN ONE OF THESE DAYS.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have kept your resolve of not entering races but kept running, I admire your resolve. Maybe one day in the future you will race again

    ReplyDelete