Friday, January 29, 2010

After the long silence

APOLOGIES: More than 2 months far from the blogsphere: very long time! Two reasons: the 1st is that I don’t have any news about running because I am following the usual weekly schedule (see the last post) without racing. The 2nd is that I have a new task at work and it keeps me very busy so, now, I am member of an European Environmental Committee and executive of the local maritime organization. However I will not forget anymore my monthly update.
RUNNING/SWIMMING: The incident left my knee weak so I cannot run more than 3 times per week, but swimming helps a lot. The cross training is perfect to get in shape and to run at a dignified pace. At the moment I run at 5’30”/Km (8’51”/ml) and I swim the 1500 f.s. in 30’00”. Next program a popular 10 km. in Ladispoli (a city 30 miles far) with the goal of a 50’00” final time (feb. 21).
I tried to prepare a half marathon but after 16/17 km of training I feel a boring pain inside my left knee so I cannot risk …. maybe in april.
CELEBRATIONS: On dec. 12, 2009 the Deep Purple came to Rome to submit to the invincible warrior and at the end, together with the enthusiastic crowd, they sang the Black Knight hymn: “Black (k)Night”!!!!!!!CONCLUSIONS: As usual the Black Knight doesn’t surrender, he is always under arms because the enemies are everywhere. Always new tricks and new weapons to try to defeat (in vain) the Black Knight Army! He will conquer Ladispoli on Feb 21; that will be a bloody Sunday! Better they leave the city in time!!! A late happy new year to all of you!

14 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!

    Funny, I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering where you were. Black Knight 2 keeps me posted. ;^)

    Look after your knee and leg, glad to hear you are swimming, that is great therapy!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a late Happy New Year to you to - great to hear from you. Swimming/running - sounds like you are keeping fit. Good luck with the training for 21 Feb - you will definitely be a conqueror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you!!!! Way to be keeping up with the running and swimming. Swimming is such a great workout. Conquer Ladispoli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And let me guess, but did your audience with Deep Purple include a little Smoke on the Water?!?!

    Great to hear from you after the long absence. Continue to use common sense with your running and cross-training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Welcome back to the blogoshphere.

    Swimming is soooooo good. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 21th of February 2010 we will see the return of the black warrior.
    Unfortunately I will not run that race because I lost the speed when my body wasn't healthy three weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to RSS readers to keep track of all us spotty bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He lives -- Hooray!!!

    Very cool that Deep Purple came to town to pay homage to you. Look forward to hearing about the upcoming 10K. My next race is a 10K too but not until mid-March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy New Year to you! Glad to see you are still in the world of blog! I don't blame you for not wanting to push your distance! Need to take care of your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, happy to hear training has been going well! Sounds like you're doing the right thing for your body -- smart man :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. May the Black Knight never surrender!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although I will not run the race the 21th of February, I go there. I will take some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is good to go review old bases so we can remember how far the armies have come and how much conquered territory now lies behind us. Tonight I go to review Leon Russell, who sang with (was probably the whole source of strength for) Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen tour of the new territores in the 70s. Early 70s. I can't wait, it is good to see old professionals again.

    ReplyDelete