Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Belgium

The war campaign continues, after the conquest of Sweden and France yesterday Belgium surrendered. The Black Knight spent 2 days in Brussels to discuss with the European Transport Network Agency (Ten-t) about a new project of Motorways of the Seas between Italy and France. What a pity, the invincible warrior could not run through the city because the next morning he woke up late after a night at the restaurant and in a typical local with the french collegues. One italian (the Black Knight) and 5 french talking of rugby, food and ...yes... work!!!!

(The cathedral)
(The Manneken-Pis)
All these trips don't allow the Black Knight to follow an appropriate program of training. It is difficult to run abroad after a day of meetings and formal lunches and dinners. When I am back home I need to rest one day after hours of flights and queues at the airport.
(The Grand Place)
However the last week I made a couple of good workouts, both tempo runs, 10,6 km and 16,9 km. The pace is again slow 5'40"/km but the recover is almost complete. In the pool the Black Knight had a terrible fight. He was swimming very fast, trying to finish 1500 metres in 35' when 2 persons entered into his lane 10 minutes before their turn (a relaxing aquagym) and this is not correct! Not only, they began to swim slowly and with a no correct style disturbing my training. I didn't say anything until the moment I was hit by a hand on my face. In that moment I remembered to be the Black Knight and I screamed: "Don't piss off the persons who are swimming. You must not enter 10 minutes before and having a bath instead of swimming"!!!!Few minutes later I apoligized but I was very very angry and my face hurted. On sunday the Black Knight will go to China.


.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Stefano,
    Wow, you certainly are the world traveler! You posted some beautiful pictures! Make sure you take a few when you are in China.

    Nice job on your tempo runs:) I am sorry to hear about your mishap in the pool! I hope that you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Knight's Conquest of Europe! Now to Asia!!! Sorry to hear about Improper Conduct in the Aquatic Battleground, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not running next Civitavecchia's 12 km race but I'd run the Rome's race during the same day. As soon as you come back from China we'll decide. Have a nice trip to China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those Aqua Aerobics types are the absolute worst! Especially the old people! They think they can do whatever they want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!! Thank you for posting them! Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lack of pool etiquette is so frustrating! Hope your face is okay!

    (and thanks for all the encouragement for Boston!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so beautiful!! Don't be afraid of the food in China. It is actually quite good and surprisingly, a lot of cilantro. I have never experienced that in Chinese food before, quite good.

    sorry about your pool 'adventure' and hoping your face is better. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the World traveler, I'm enjoying you blog immensely! Yes, PLEASE send me your three month marathon plan. I love looking at these different plans. Please see my email on my blog site.
    Thanks BK, keep conquering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. You go to such interesting and beautiful places. Enjoy China! People doing the wrong thing in swimming pools make me cranky too! Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy your pictures!! I can't believe you are now off to China!! Safe travells.

    Yes, lane swimming with others can be a huge pain. Sorry to hear you got smacked in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All this world travel is making me wonder if the army is being stretched a bit thin. You're here, there and everywhere. (And I'm not!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tough to maintain a regular workout schedule when traveling for work. But you obviously captured some wonderful photos!!

    Have a good trip to China. Hopefully no more face slaps in the pool. That would undoubtedly bring out some less than humble feelings in me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful I am traveling through your eyes, thank you so much for sharing, looking forward to your China photos, sorry about the the swimming pool mishap even I would know better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a safe and successful campaign of China, Black Knight!

    ReplyDelete