Wednesday, March 17, 2010

France

The Black Knight and his son went to conquer Paris in occasion of the rugby match France-Italy. The forecast said: snow and ice and the hotel didn't have the gym so the two knights didn't bring with them the running clothes. What a surprise: sun and warm weather! So no relaxing runs through Paris!
The match was a shame, the Blues destroyed the Azzurri with a shocking 46-20. In my opinion the problem is that in our national team (Italy) there are too many foreigners at the end of their careers. We must invest on italian young players, only in this case we will have on the battlefield 15 Black Knights instead of a lot of soldiers of fortune (even if good and honest professional players).
(France-Italy: the kick off)
However during the full 4 days in Paris we had the possibility to visit again all the touristic attractions of the french capital.
(Tour Eiffel)
Despite of this stop the trainings continue following the usual weekly schedule: 3 running workouts (1 long distance run, 1 tempo run and 1 relaxing run) and 2 swimming sessions (1600 metres each session). I think that the Black Knight Army will come back to the battlefield in April.

(The Black Knight under the arc of his triumph)


13 comments:

  1. There will be two ordeals next April: Civitavecchia's 12 km race and Tarquinia's 10 km race.
    Have a nice training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stefano,

    Thanks for visiting my blog:) I love it...another blogger from Italy!! It looks like you saw a pretty exciting game..it must of been fun to watch! Sorry about the outcome:( Thanks for sharing those fantastic pictures! I love that view of the Eiffel Tower! Absolutely beautiful:) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the game didn't turn out the way you'd hoped. But a very nice shot of the Eiffel Tower and you're looking very fit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame on the score...and not taking running clothes to enjoy the sun in Paris. Great pictures.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The game looked fun. Ok, you got me! What's the sad story about the downhill running?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it may not have been the best game, it does look like you had fun. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YIKES! I did not need to see that picture but thanks for the warning! I've been hearing about the dangers of too much down hill running and I know it's "out there" but we've been trying to hold off until these next few weeks and then tapering...there's only so much I can worry about at this point! Thanks for responding, I was so curious!
    Have a nice weekend BK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris has been conquered, the good and kind people of the world can now rest easily! Do not worry, the Azzurri will have other opportunities to be victorious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures!

    Thanks for you kind comments on my blog! The foot fracture is a minor set back, and I'll be back on the road soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always bring my sneakers and never use them, so at least you didn't make a pretense of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 15 Black Knights on a field at the same time would be too dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. always great pictures.
    For a second I thought the game was soccer...aghhh my favorite. Isn't it Italy's?

    ReplyDelete