Sunday, April 04, 2010

China

Prologue: The Black Knight is always more powerful, now his kingdom includes also China, conquered in only 7 days. At the arrival he found the surrender declaration ready and now a new Country has the pleasure to enjoy the Black Knight justice and wisdom.
The Black Knight (on the right) outside the Forbidden City
The trip: This was a business trip to meet the Authorities of the Municipality of Lianyungang and the Guannan County and some operators who came to visit our city last July. Moreover we spent the night of April 1st and all the next day in Beijung, the capital, where we had the possibility to visit part of the city (the Forbidden City, Tien An Men square, the Olympic Village, the old city and the silk market). It was a successful and interesting trip, the chinese authorities and operators were very friendly and kind with us.
The Great Wall
The training: In both the hotels there were beautiful gyms and pools so I could run 3 times on the treadmills. Of course I was not in the best conditions because of the different time zone (6 hours ahead) so I ran when for my body it was 01.00 a.m. It was very difficult to find the time for the gym: a full schedule by 08.30 a.m. until 11.00 p.m. included formal lunches and dinners, but I don't complaint. Swimming was impossible because the water in the pool was too cold for my standards. However, thanks, to these 3 trainings I will be able to enter the Vivicittà race (12 k) with Sir Giorgio on the next Sunday.
The Black Knight (on the right) during the dinner with the chinese Authorities
Adventure in Beijing: Outside the Forbidden City it was very difficult to catch a taxi to come back to the hotel so we immediately gathered the war council to solve the problem. The wise Black Knight said: "Let's take our time, let's wait, we have all the time to conquer an enemy tank (the taxi)". Some young warriors didn't want to listen to the advice and decided to accept the offer of 3 risciò (bikes for 3 persons: the driver and 2 passengers) drivers. After less than 1 mile the passengers noticed to be on the wrong way and jumped off. A bad quarrel occurred, the drivers pretended 300 yuan x person (1 Euro = 9 yuan = $ 1,30) and when my friends gave them "only" 100 yuan were attacked by those angry persons. During the fight they were so lucky to find one available taxi to come back safe to the hotel. On the contrary the Black Knight and his platoon arrived safe and glorious on a little bus with coach spending only 50 yuan in total. HAVE A GOOD RUNNING EASTER

16 comments:

  1. The Black Knight is a Master of Strategy and Tactics on Foreign Soil!

    Buona Pasqua -- and enjoy the race next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you as well, I bet I could become the speed demon I need to be running those steps every day :). you are a wise man, tell your youg warriors Patience is key to a long life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Triumph! Happy Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great pictures, enjoy the race next weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for filling us in on your travels and triumphs...I expected nothing less from you! Have a great race next weekend with Giorgio and Happy Easter!
    By the way, being a grandparent is like nothing else in the WORLD, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual...the young warriors will learn to listen to the Black Knight!

    THANK you so much for the comments on my blog about the stress fracture. That's great information to have-if it still hurts when I go back out on it, I'll make them do an MRI. Also...I'm certainly going to listen to the BK's advice on cross training!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how much you travel. I need a job where I have to conquer the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The power of the Black Knight have reached the Eastern part of Asia. Now we need to fight here in Italy. There're same rebel town here!
    I hope that You enjoy the rest of this Easter weekend. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not running the next "Vivicittà" race in Rome. I'll run Tarquinia and Rome Campus races and Massimo will run with us. If you want run next Sunday in Rome you have to send an e.mail. You can ask to Anna the fax number.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stefano,
    Wow, it looks like you had a very nice trip to China:) I love the pictures..thanks for sharing!! I hope that you and your family had a lovely Easter!! Take care Stefano:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The GREAT WALL! Oh, how exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The brave Black Knight continues to conquer the world!! Thank you for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your race next weekend is great. I've only done one international marathon and it was in Rome - by far the best way to see the city!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are following in the footsteps of Marco Polo opening up the silk road to the west. Here in the provinces great things are finally starting to happen after a year-long struggle with the entrehched reactionary forces. Both sides look ahead to the fall (November) to see the results in the field of their great recruitment drives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so serious in that dinner picture. I hope you weren't secretly thinking "They expect me to eat *that*!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing photos! I am jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete