Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The new battles and China again

Despite the lack of appropriate trainings due to the 4 trips in one month, the Black Knight decided to come back to the battlefields to remind to the enemies that he is alive and always angry. Moreover the fractured leg will not be anymore as strong as in the past and the speed is only a wonderful memory. Before the motor-bike crash, as master over 50, I didn't race if my pace was slower than 4'40/km, now my goal is 5'10"/km.
At last it's time to enter again some running events and the program is: april 11st Vivicittà in Rome (12k), april 18th Maratonina Tarquinia (11k), may 16th Race for the Cure in Roma (5k) and may 29th Centrale Aperta in Montalto (10k).
Here are other pictures of China:
(the Black Knight - in black of course - walks on the Great Wall)
(the Forbidden City in Beijing)
(the Black Knight -left- in Lianyungang)

15 comments:

  1. You could do some nice hill repeats on the wall there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you this afternoon - I was at the Arms and Armor collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art looking at some very lovely Italian suits of armor from the sixteenth century!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, why cannot I see your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stefano.
    Those are fantastic pictures! I love the one with you walking the Great Wall:) I hope that the Black Knight has a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos, wonderful news that you have decided to put a racing calender together. Sir Knight is a true warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! I love the one of you on the wall. That is awesome that you are putting a race calender together, you might not be as fast as you were before the accident, but you are still a tough competitor. Good luck with training.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stefano, thanks so much for sharing all of your globe trotting adventures. I'm just catching up with all you've been up to recently. Thanks for all of the photo's!

    Speed while running does not matter, be thankful that at (our) age, we can run and stay healthy.

    Continue to look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. breathtaking pictures. I would race there even if my pace was a slow walk.
    Hope you had a great experience

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Very interesting life you have--I look forward to following your progress and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the Big Sur well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now the flag of the Black Knight is on the Great Chinese wall.
    I've just sent the photos of the 12km race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic experience. The Great Wall looks amazing. You do have an exciting life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos! I hope to get to the Great Wall someday!

    Thanks for checking out my blog, good luck in the upcoming races!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are indeed the traveler. Thanks for sharing your adventures in China!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos. I hope to go there too someday. Also, I learned that you were injured on a motorbike. I didn't remember the cause of your injury- or hadn't read it before.

    ReplyDelete