Monday, April 12, 2010

Vivicittà 12K

On sunday the Black Knight Army entered the Vivicittà race, 12 km (7,45 ml) very tough: 4 laps with a terrible uphill to run 4 times. There were few participants (I think 100 more or less) but this is normal when people know that the Black Knight is there!!!
With Sir Giorgio we had a lot of fun before the race joking with some green persons who entered the non-competitive run (1 lap).
The final time was 1h 00'38" for a pace of 5'03" km (8'03" ml) but the problem is that my injured leg is not yet ready because now my knee hurts. I don't know if for me it's wise to race again even if I never pushed during all the 12 km and my pace was regular (time on the laps: 15'08" - 15'20" - 15'09" and 15'01").
Danielle and Mandy sorry but I don't succeed in entering in your blogs to comment your posts.
Click on the pics to enlarge:
(Before the race with a nice green group)
(The warm-up with Sir Giorgio)


(The arrival)
(After the ordeal)


18 comments:

  1. Hi Stefano,
    Good job on your 12k!! The green team looks like a fun group of people! I think it is so wonderful that you were able to run with Giorgio:) I love the pictures! It looks like you have nice running form! Enjoy your day Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run - congratulations. Wish I could run that fast! Do hope you don't suffer with your knee though and that you are out of pain soon. Good to see the piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green team--looks like a fun bunch! Sorry your knee is giving you trouble, but looks like you had a good race in spite of it. Thanks for your comments on my blog today; made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on the 12K. Recovery from injury is always hard...it sounds like you are doing well though. I hope you have a full recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strewth you WILL run that fast or I will kill myself trying to get you to! And you wouldn't want that on your conscience, would you? p.s. Black Knight: Strewth mightn't be the FASTEST person in the world but she certainly tries the hardest! And she probably doesn't know how to subscribe to comments so she won't read this hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 minutes every lap: it's a great time taken Stefano!
    I like the third photo where we can see a lot of enemy runners behind the Black Knight :)
    I look forward to running the Tarquinia's race.

    ReplyDelete
  7. careful with those uphill with a sore knee. looks like the green persons had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the green folks! Watch out for your knee especially on hills. Well done though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hill 4x! Aye yai aye! But what a great negative split you ran! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've come a long, long way, comrade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo, Black Knight!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strong time - looks like those dogs liked you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice run and I like the pictures. Have you run in the US? Do you have many runners in your races? I'm curious about racing in Europe...I really want to try it out some time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm guessing because I keep forgetting to log in to blogger with my blog e-mail address :-)

    Don't worry, I haven't posted anything in a while, but I also ran a 12k this weekend, so maybe I should write a race report :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome race!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your 12k, and great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love to see race photos! Sorry your knee is bugging you now!

    ReplyDelete