Sunday, June 20, 2010

10 km Montalto

The epic story. The Montalto race was cancelled 3 weeks ago. We didn't know the reason but rumors told that nobody entered the event when the newspapers announced the participation of the Black Knight Army. Because of many requests, the municipality decided to organize such event again but this time the Black Knight planned a stratagem to trick the enemy spies: in the morning he went to the beach pretending he didn't know anything about the race but at 07.00 p.m., as punctual as the death, he was present at the starting line in his black shining armor! Dread and panic between the enemy lines but it was too late, for them, to leave the battlefield.The report. 10 km. (2 laps 5 km long), with short uphill and downhill in a windy evening, around the power station of Montalto. With a regular pace the Black Knight got a finish time of 49.06 (4'55" km - 7'55" ml), 139° of 178 over all. It is the personal best after the fractures and the surgeries but far from my real p.b. before all the the troubles.
The loot. 2 medals, 1 bottle of wine and 2 sport bags.
Welcome to the new warriors of the Black Knight Army who joined this glorious group (see the last post): Anne, Caratunk Girl , Just_because_today, DawnB, Lily on the Road and Regina. Waiting for new brave warriors and amazons!!! The Black Knight Army needs you, find your role and join the Army!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Great race and nice loot. I think that you're glad: Your time taken was under 4.55 min/km. I hope you are going on the beach again after the ordeal :)
    Would help me along the Bolsena's lake? The 3rd of July another interesting race starts there at 06:30 p.m.
    Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great race - especially after being sick. Love your new shoes - I swear by the Asics Gel Nimbus, love them!
    And yes, add me to your army - I am hoping to actually run in Italy when I go there in two weeks with my husband (to Torino)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm so glad that your strategy worked and that is some mighty fine loo!!!

    Congrat's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stefano,
    Congrts for your awesome 5K finish! You had a fantastic time almost one minute faster than my PR!

    You scored with your runners loot! Wow, I need to find a race that gives out a bottle of wine:) Nice job Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - great PR, especially after being sick! I knew the Black Knight's Army would put up a good fight! Lady Caratunk Girl will representing the Black Knight Army and will be battling next weekend in a Duathlon - I will take no prisoners!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on running an awesome race! That is a great time...glad the strategy worked :)

    Yay! I'm an amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sneaky! I like the idea of a surprise attack. Well done on the race

    ReplyDelete
  8. gotta love a bottle of wine as a race prize!

    I'm 5 '10, with size 11 feet, does that count as an Amazon in the Army???

    ReplyDelete
  9. They gave you wine ? Ah, I love Italy! Sounds like your race was fun! Thanks for beach picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with all the others who wonder what is wrong with North America - no one ever gives out wine as a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great strategy showing up promptly on time so the enemy forces did not have time to sneak away. I love that they gave out wine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new PR post-fractures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I covert the treasures you stole from the other, lesser, armies. You are my hero, Black Night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the mention! Great job getting that PR after injury and illness! I wish they gave out bottles of wine here. I think I might win more races.

    You are killing me with the beach photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done! Nice swag. Not too many race give you a bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, great time.In my next life I'm going to be born in Italy and join the Black Knight Army. Great to hear you have the fear of death in other competitors.Intimidation Rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I fully endorse this strategy and am glad it came with such a nice payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Nice haul! I love the strategy especially. It seems like all the stars aligned on the day.

    ReplyDelete