Monday, June 14, 2010

Flu and Spanish Steps

I will never say anymore when the Black Knight Army enters a race! Neither last sunday we were at the start and this is the third time in a row. Because of the flu I had to take a lot of antibiotics while my son is in the bed again with high temperature. Nobody of the Black Knight Army went to Rome without the fearless leader! Sir Giorgio and his platoon preferred to stay home as well. Despite the illness I kept on running and swimming even if I was very very weak: 3 slow workouts (9 km, 10 km and 10.1 km) and one time in the pool (1600 metres). Consequently I decided to take a week end off and I went to Rome with my wife to make shopping in Via Condotti (near Spanish Steps) and in a running shop where I bought the Asics Gel Nimbus and a black (of course) Mizuno singlet. In this shop they check the pace by a computer connected with the tapis roulant and the feet with an orthostatic device; after they suggest the best shoes for you.

Summer is coming, the sea is blue, the sand and the rocks are wonderful and the Black Knight Army is ready to enjoy the beach. If you want to join the Army (also on the beach).... you are always welcome!

22 comments:

  1. You're a trooper! When I am sick, I use that as a great excuse to be lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kicks, interesting how they analyzed your stride with the device! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better...you are a true warrior workout out while feeling sick!
    I love the new shoes! How cool that they can check your pace and all to help you find the right shoe for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I totally want to join the army and spend time on the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better! What a beautiful picture - Love the new shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you see? a lot of blogger friends would spend time on an Italian beach!
    I can't run the Montalto's 10 km race next Saturday. Maybe I'll run the Bolsena lake race as training the 3rd of July.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHH I want to join the army!! And the beach!!

    Hey good luck feeling better - your son too.

    That is cool how they check your feet/running to figure out the best shoe for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How frustrating for you. Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad those sneakers have enough black on them (of course)
    Sometimes we need to take time off, but it sucks, doesn't it?
    I might have to do just that and hang out at the beach instead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stefano,
    Bummer about not feeling well! I can't believe that you still worked out...you are so dedicated:) Oh, to spend the summer on an Italian beach!! What a life:) Someday I will join you! Have a great week Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady Dawn would like to thank the Black Knight for his generous comments. Lady Dawn is truly at her weakest and wants to go awol with the Black Knight's Army on the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah Summer on an Italian beach - what bliss! Do hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joining the Army FOR SURE!!!

    Hope your little knight is feeling better. Nothing like a little retail therapy to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Lily, I am joining the army at the beach!

    Hope you are feeling better. Shopping always helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are feeling better now. The last week I was also quite sick and hardly did a thing.

    Wonderful first photo and new shoes are always a nice treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You went swimming while you had the flu?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The beach sounds wonderful. I've been to the Cinque Terre a couple times - would love to get back there soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. New shoes are always the best! I love them! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Take care of yourself and get healthy! New shoes are the best; I need to go pick some up too - thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Be well!

    I wore the Asics Gel Nimbus for years. They did me well. I hope they do well for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy the 10km Montalto's race. It's a real pity that I can't run this race.
    Have a nice running weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a Trooper running with your Man Flu. Hope you're feeling better.Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry for the late reply,been on vacation for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete