Friday, August 13, 2010

The Cruise

The War Trip. At last the Black Knight is back after a war trip of glory. He conquered day after day the fortresses of Genova, Marseille with a raid to Aix en Provence, Barcelona, Tunisi, Malta and Messina with another raid to Taormina. Now the local people are submitted to the Black Knight's power and justice.
The Battle Ship and the Training. The battle ship is the MSC Splendida, a wonderful cruise ship 333 meters long but with a big problem: there is not a jogging track so if we want to run we have to go to the gym where there are only 8 treadmills for 3.000 passengers! I could not to be stressed going there with the risk not to find an available treadmill, so I ran only one time for 50 minutes. However this rest gave me the possibility to get the full recover and at last i don't feel pain anymore.
The Next Programs. Now I began the usual scheduled weekly program: 3 runs and 2 swims. On August 29th I hope to run the Ladispoli 6 km with my son Paolo and Sir Giorgio.
Moments of Glory. Pic 1 from left a couple of friends, Daniela and Stefano; Pic 2 the Black Knight in suit to receive the homage of his new subjects; Pic 3 the Black Knight after the conquest of Taormina; Pic 4 Daniela, the queen of the Black Knight's kingdom; Pic 5 the Black Knight controls the Rambla in Barcelona; Pic 6 the Black Knight and a seal dog in Aix en Provence. To be continued ...

24 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome!! Sounds like an great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much you travel. Great photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too bad about the treadmills, but yes, sounds like the rest was highly beneficial - great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic trip you had! Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Stefano! You have been missed:)

    Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures from your (War Trip)! You look wonderful and your wife is gorgeous:) So glad to hear that you had a great time. The treadmill thing would of drove me bonkers too! Have a wonderful weekend Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for no pain! If you have to rest, a cruise is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really know how to go to war!

    I enjoyed your pictures! Thank you for sharing those with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky to have managed to get a photo of the elusive seal dog. They're so rare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics! So glad the pain is gone...I guess sometimes, we really do need to rest completely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the pictures from your trip! From the looks of it, you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like la bella vita to me! You also had some good weather, notwithstanding the 'dreadmill'.....I think it has it's uses, but that is another discussion. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great trip you've had!

    Where you able to visit Park Güell while you were in Barcelona? To me that was the most beautiful place there.

    And I loved Taormina when we were there, such a beautiful place.

    Glad to hear your pain is gone, sometimes a rest is needed and you can go fast forward again after that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear the pain is gone!! Guess the war trip was much needed? GREAT pictures, as usual.

    ...In response to your comment on my blog--I'll sacrifice and come to your kingdom to run with you. How inconvenient to come to Italy, but someone has to do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice photos! I really love the one with the dog in the fountain :). I can't imagine trying to run while on a cruise, it would be too stressful to get on a TM with that many people. You got a nice recovery/rest in and now you're ready to train :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. You all look splendid! The trip sounds wonderful and you won't miss a beat for missing some runs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back Stefano,you were missed.
    The Twisted Sisters formally accept your invitation for an alliance with us. However , if we ever visit Italy to run it will be WAR! And we don't play fair! Lady Tracey told me to tell you that we don't get out of bed for less than 100km. lol!!
    We will order one of our t-shirts to send you.
    Cheers Lady Karen.
    ps; only 10 days to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The end of your cruise AND your mother in law in the same day? You did have a Friday the 13th!!

    Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought you were supposed to eat not run on a cruise anyway? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great conquest Stefano! Yesterday I came back from South Italy and the 29th of August we'll be ready again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love a post-battle mission that involves waves and wine. Looks like everyone had a grant time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a nice trip that seems!
    dont you hate it when there are only so many treadmills and there seem to be healthy people around who get ahead of you? that makes me so mad on my trips!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good call on the ACDC. I'm gonna have to put them in the mix. Thanks too for commenting. It's nice to meet your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. loved your pictures .... sounds like a great time1

    ReplyDelete
  24. your queen is beautiful

    Didn't you just love Barcelona? I went running on Las Ramblas and thought the ground was wavy. I was worried about spraining my ankle. Then I realized it was all an optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete