Friday, October 15, 2010

Injured


Injured. The things go wrong, after a very good period with fruitful workouts and acceptable finishing times in race, a boring and painful problem has come. On sunday I ran the Montalto 9.6 km and, after a day of rest to recover, I swam 1500 metres but, in the afternoon, while making a normal effort at home, I felt a deep pain; the response is lumbago. So now I am taking strong pills and making physiotherapy. The doctor sentenced one week of rest.
Next Programs. I think I will be ready for new moderate workouts on monday to be able to enter the Grosseto 12 km the next sunday. Of course I will go there not to leave the Black Knight Army without its fearless leader, the enemy must not suspect that the invincible warrior is wounded. Seriously, more than a race it will only be a slow workouts, no matter the finishing time and the position overall.
The Tribute. When the U2 knew about the Black Knight's performance in Montalto, decided to homage the Army with a concert in Rome (see the photo - click to enlarge).
China. I just received a nice pic from a professional photographer who followed us during the business trip in China last april. The Black Knight is the 3rd from left (that is the Forbidden City in Beijing - click to enlarge).
Have a great week end.

23 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are hurt! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefano, rest assured we will not tell the enemy about your injury. In the meantime heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself, you heal quickly. I love the China photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it's nothing serious and heals fast. The army needs you. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo injuries! I'm surprised I made it through marathon training injury free! i always get hurt. The no-training-method apparently helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear about your injury, hope the week off takes care of it.

    I love U2! I was once on a flight home from Ireland, and Bono was on the same plane, so I got his autograph....needless to say I was very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer
    bummer
    bummer.

    Hate it when I see a blog post with "injure" in it. :( wishing you a speedy recovery from AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stefano,
    Please take care of yourself! Get plenty of rest and hopefully you will be back to yourself soon:)

    Oh, and I love the pictures:)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon, Stefano.
    Have you ever run the Lake Maggiore Half Marathon? I have a friend who will be in Italy next year and is thinking of doing it and I told her I would ask about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! Hope your back heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, hope it's nothing serious. Rest well, and you will come back stronger. Auguri! Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, a week isn't too bad - enjoy the little break and do something so out of the ordinarly, just cuz you now can, and then get back out there running with happy body parts Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No no no...say it ain't so. Who needs opposing armies when you can be slayed (sleighed?) by exercise?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

    I've been to a U2 concert once but I don't like there music that much anymore. I prefer the "old" songs.
    Still am a Springsteen girl even though I love his older songs more too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Black Knight sorry it took so long for me to stop by and even more sorry to hear about your injury but I know the Black Knight well and know he will be back.

    Love the photo

    ReplyDelete
  17. quella del cav nero l'avevo sentita da proietti, a teatro... :) piacere di conoscerti! un saluto....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stefano, If you send me your address I have a running shirt that I bought for you from our Yurrebilla ultra marathon.
    Cheers Lady Karen in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOpe you're feeling better! nice china photo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heal quickly. One week of rest is not bad at all.
    I really am envious of your trip to CHINA!
    Oh, I would love to run the Great Wall Marathon....
    if wishes were horses
    hmmm...

    ReplyDelete