Monday, October 04, 2010

Running women

Running women. Always sailing across internet I found another Black Knight's photo (in black shining armour with the n° 36) during the last race in Grosseto (sept. 19) where you can also see 2 ladies. It is interesting to consider the following data: 195 participants including 32 women subdivided in 3 age groups. About the ladies, the podium on the distance of 12 km. (7.45 ml), was: 1^ 43'51", 2^ 49'37" and 3^ 54'13". The age groups' winners: 18/34 y.o. 43'51" - 35/49 y.o. 49'37" - over 50 54'13".
Workouts. After long long time I joined the sir Giorgio's running group to improve my speed. In the past I preferred to run alone for 2 reasons: to preserve my operated left leg and run in early morning before going to work to get all the evening free. In the past week I made 4 workouts: 10 km tempo run, 10.6 km. (relaxing slow run), 10.6 hill km. (with the group - 9 people) and 15 km. (with the group - 5 people). I hope to come back to the swimming pool on next monday.
The Next Battle. The battlefield will be again the medieval city of Montalto di Castro, already stormed and sacked many times, where the Black Knight Army - the Black Knight, Sir Giorgio and his squire Massimo (no promotion at all), enforced by Umberto - will destroy once and for all the enemy in a 9.5 km race. On the pic above you can see the Montalto castle for the last time because on sunday the Black Knight Army will leave behind only ruins. As usual we don't take prisoners.
Have a good running, swimming, biking ecc. ecc. week!!!!!

24 comments:

  1. You get to run in some of the most picturesque places. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Don't ruin the castle. Take it, keep it for yourself!
    Have fun at the race. Seems your leg is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite interesting about the women's times :)

    That castle is beautiful! Have a great battle...uhm, I mean race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those women are incredible!
    The castle is beautiful, please don't crush it to pieces - take it with you win you win the battle :). We may have our mountains in Colorado but man, the US is missing some great history like Europe! Have a great week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great picture of you guys running--looks like it came out of a magazine.

    One of these days I am going to come to Italy and run a race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice image of the enemy's castle Stefano. I'm ready!
    Umberto said that he is going to Montalto by his car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some good pictures. It's probably quite something to run with a castle in view. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the places you get to run!! I like to run alone...I enjoy it more when I don't feel I have to talk to people. But at the same time, I really have had some great runs with people...so I think doing it once a week or something would work for me. Oh yes, and morning runs are the best, so you can have free time in the AM.

    Hope that leg stays strong!

    Take no prisoners at the next battle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stefano,
    Woo hoo for running women:) Good luck with your next battle! I have a feeling that you are going to do fabulous:) Oh my goodness, that castle is wonderful! Take care Stefano:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, please don't leave the castle in ruins...maybe someday I can come run by it. There is discussion of me and my girlfriends going to Italy next year. Still trying to decide...England or Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a location for a battle! Good luck! (But you won't need luck with your army - you are all well prepared!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have great respect for women runners. They are tough. I have many women ultra running friends and they handle the pain and toughness of ultras better than the men.

    I'm very sad about the Springbok on the sleeve. It is just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, I can't get over the places you run! Good luck! I know you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the places you are able to run - so old and so much history! Have fun running with Giorgio and his group!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So our Black Knight is now hangin' with the ladies, huh? Is this a new strategy, because we all know the female is the stronger gender.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, I've never run a race on gravel roads before. It looks so quaint!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, that will be a great run I suppose.

    I always run alone. We have a running group here but I prefer to choose my own time when to run. Like you I like to run before work and have the evening for other things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Runing women are AWESOME :-) I love the photos you post, keep them coming. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, under 6 minutes/mile! the winner was running fast.
    you're lucky to run in gorgeous locations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you have totally awesome running locations.
    If you run like a girl, you will storm and defeat the castle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice indeed! And good to see some of the women runners too. Good luck with the next battle on the horizon. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck storming the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow... awesome photos with awesome woman running. Thanks for sharing.
    ________________
    spyder

    ReplyDelete