Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Premier

The Premier. The War Council of the Black Knight Army planned the december campaign and decided to conquer another part of the beautiful Tuscany: the Orbetello lagoon. This event will take place on dec. 8 (10 km. country-cross) and dec. 19 (10 km.). Many runners has already announced their participation but an unbelievable fact happened, our Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, knowing how dangerous to challenge the Black Knight can be, said to his colleagues and the press: "Those runners are crazy, nobody can challenge with impunity the glorious Black Knight"! (see the picture).Training. This is a rainy season and it is difficult to follow the schedule. The rain is heavy and I hate the "dreadmill" so I run when I can and sometimes I swim instead of running. However this week I swam and ran twice: 1400 meters + 1400 meters swimming and 17,2 km + 10,2 km running. I made the last workout on friday with the group usually led by Sir Giorgio (8 runners), it was a loop in the dark under a light rain through the suburbs and along the local marina: this is always a good chance to improve the speed. This morning I would like to run but today is a rainy sunday...I am waiting for a hour of better weather to go out.

New Entry. Examined the application and valued the curriculum, the Black Knight appointed Lady the kind runner Fran from The Netherlands. Congrats to Lady Fran. Further new entries (Ladies and Sirs) are appreciated, let me know and I will convene the War Council to discuss about the application.

Black Knight Army Virtual Race. So far Lady Karen, Johann, Lady Molly, Lady Katie, Patrick Mahoney, Allison, Angie Bee, Amy, Lady Caratunk Girl, Kate, Pretend this is real, Christina and Jason have already run the virtual race. Thank you, all the details and the winners in the dedicated post on Dec. 3rd. The Black Knight, of course, is perfect and never makes a mistake, but please let me know if I forgot someone.

Christmas Time. It's Christmas time and I will spend the holidays at home with my family. The next week I will go with my wife to Rome (1 hour driving far from here) for a little of shopping in the streets around Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps: Via del Corso, Via Condotti, Via Margutta, Via Frattina ecc. Here are 2 pictures which I took in early october.

Last but not least. Come on Italia!!!! Italia - Fiji= 24 -16

Have a wonderful week-end!!!!

16 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast Christmas snuck up on me, will you be running in Rome in between all your shopping??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see how much it rains in other places and affects training I'm thankful that in Phoenix, AZ it rarely rains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stefano,
    First of all, I love the new look of your blog! It looks great...I need to make some changes to mine too but time is an issue with me.

    Lucky you, shopping in Rome:) I can't wait to see all of the beautiful places that Italy has to offer.

    I think that I also have a run on December 8th. Sadly, it is not in beautiful Tuscany:)

    Take care of yourself Stefano and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stefano! I'm honored to be a part of your army.

    I remember we were at the Spanish steps. My husband looked at the steps while I was standing with my back to the steps and looked at the Dior or Gucci store (don't remember which one it was :blush: )

    Have fun shopping in Rome and I hope it won't rain that much anymore so you can follow your training schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to run a 10k in Tuscany! Sounds wonderful. And congrats to Italy on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ehi, ma quella foto l'ho già vista! ;) ottimo spunto, bella anche la nuova veste....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading blogs from Europe and the casual mentions of a trip to Rome. What would be a huge journey for us is just a drive for you.

    Enjoy your shopping! Good luck with the training. My adventure will be managing to maintain training in wintery weather here, but I've got plenty of inspriation from those Minnesota and Canada! :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your upcoming races. It is no fun to run in the rain, but it can be done. You are good to keep swimming and staying strong that way. Enjoy your shopping trip. I remember some shops and a great little restaurant by the Spanish Steps...oh to go again. Maybe some day. For now I wait for lots of snow to fall and turn the north white for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am determined to become a member of the Black Knight Army. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've posted my 10k race report at my blog... http://bit.ly/gCIiIG
    I think you'll find it was an adventure worthy of a Black Knight?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Italy and Oregon have a lot in common; namely, our weather :-) We are also in the rainy season, along with the cold season. Iran my virtual race last night, I just need to write the race report! I have a 5k Jingle Bell run on December 5th and a Holiday Half Marathon on the 12th.

    I hope your shopping journey is productive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not fond of the treadmill either, I hope you can keep up with your training despite the weather! Shopping in Rome sounds like lots of fun, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why would anyone dare to challenge the might of the Black Knight and his army? Your Prime Minister is right - they'd have to be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohooo, bring it on, Italy!! Crossing fingers for you :).

    Your Christmas sounds really nice, and those pictures paint a gorgeous picture of what looks like a beautiful place! I need to do some Italian shoe shopping one day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad that you enjoyed running with the group. Yesterday I didn't run because the weather was rainy: I stayed at home!

    Congrats to Lady Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sorry to report I did not complete a true 10k distance, though I came very close on Thanksgiving morning. My plan was to run 10k exactly but my mileage came up .2 short when I measured it with Gmaps. And since then I burned my hand and cannot run for a couple of days. Congratulations to those who did represent The Black Army last week! And to you, Sergio, for organizing such a fun virtual run.

    ReplyDelete