Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy New Year

2010. This is the last post for this year and I want to thank all my blogger friends for the support and the kind comments. We have run some virtual races together but one day it would be so nice to organize a real meeting somewhere: can the dreams come true? Indeed I had the pleasure to receive the visits of strewth, CJ, Dori (twice) and IHateToast; with Dori we also made a workout together!

Lady Jill. Lady Jill was my secret buddy for the blog gift exchange. I received a beautiful book about her wonderful Colorado and a nice gift for my grandson Leonardo. Thank you very much Lady Jill, you are always very kind.
The Squire. The squire Massimo was demoted to Sir Giorgio's humble servant, the last of the servants, because he came to Orbetello to take some running pictures and he didn't succeed in this easy task, so we came back home without any photos. However the Black Knight is famous and he found through the web this photo of his final glorious rush:
Tagged. I was tagged by Lady Natalia and ...here we go:

1) Do you prefer winter or summer running? Why?
I prefer winter running because this season here is not too cold so I can run at any time. On the contrary, in summer, the workouts are only possible in early morning or in late afternoon.

2) What's been your toughest race to date?
It happened on march 17, 1996 when I was member of the Italian Navy Cross Country Team. We had an important meeting in Caprera (Sardinia) but it was delayed 2 hours because of a rain storm. I made the mistake to eat something and I ran the whole race with a terrible stomach pain. At the end I was only 80° of 90.

3) Running goals for 2011?
Recovering again step by step and coming back to race at 4'30"/km and to finish 2 or 3 half marathons under the 1h 50'.

4) Do you have any other passions in life?
My family and to travel.

5) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
If abroad in Scotland, if Italy in the country near Siena (Tuscany).

Your choice if you want to be tagged!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES

33 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you as well, hoping it is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! I would LOVE to get to Italy this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your army! If you ever come cross the ocean and eventually land in Western Canada, I would gladly guide you up a mountain or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Stefano! Thanks for the wonderful journey of 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sottoscrivo le tue scelte almeno per 3/5, intanto vediamo che succede al TL....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill sent you a great one! Sounds like you have great plans for 2011--happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, dreams come true and one day you'll be able to meet some of the members in your army.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas and Cheers to a wonderful 2011! Completing a Trail Marathon is my goal for 2011! And if I could live anywhere...I'd love to live in hawaii...well pretty much anywhere I have a warm ocean and white sandy beaches. That is something I'm working towards in 2011 as well!!

    See you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year to you! I'd love to have a blogger meet-up in Italy. :) Nice dream.

    Enjoy the rest of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you Stefano. I got the shirt in the mail just in time for Christmas so it was a perfect gift. I am going to wear it tonight and will get a picture to send to you.

    Appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of 2010 and here is to a tremendous 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stefano - I am so glad the books FINALLY arrived, I was starting to panic. Someday you'll make it to Colorado (though we might have to do a lot of bribing to your wife :)) and we'll go visit lots of those places and do some runs.

    Thank you also for my gloves and lanyard, I LOVE them both! The gloves are super warm and I wore them the other day when I went snowshowing. Thank you so much!

    Great plans for 2011 - you will succeed, I have no doubts!!

    Happy New Year, Stefano!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. Good luck with your running goals for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! May 2011 be all you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy new year to you too! Your running goals are eminently achievable - fortitude, patience and cunning (and high-quality cross-training!) will bring victory to the Black Knight...

    ReplyDelete
  16. May 2011 be everything for hope for; happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stefano,
    I love these kind of posts! This was really fun to read. We share the same passion of family and travel:)

    Cheers to a fantastic 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buon Anno, e spero che 2011 sia un 'anno fantastico, e che rializzi entrambi gli scopi, di 4'30"/km e di fare una mezza sotto 1:50. Si, per un blogger meetup! Per il resto, felice anno a te e la tua famiglia, e chissa' se vengo a Siena quest'anno, ci portrebbe essere una gara da qualche parte, e si puo' fare un meetup...magari anche con yogi (anche se vi siete conoscuiti di gia')...che ne dici?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a great race photo! I always look like crap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. To answer your question: I finished the 15.1km at 06:00. Left home at 04:30. I always do my week runs between 4 and 6.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy new year to you too Giorgio. I've read your blog with pleasure this year and look forward to following you a complete year in 2011. I want to thank you too for your comments and interest in my blog.

    If I would ever move to Italy I would choose Tuscany too although I loved Umbria too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year and thanks for having such an interesting blog, I look forward to hearing about your races and training in 2011!
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to get over here. Forgive me! I love your gift from Jill. CO is a beautiful place you must visit. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're right, Massimo is the last of the servants now!
    I always say that you'll come back to race at 4'30"/km :)
    Happy new year Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year!! I like your choices of places to live if you had a choice and totally agree with both!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Year and may 2011 exceed your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy new year to you, too! Those goals sound good. I would like to make a half marathon, too. Baby steps for me. Maybe a 10 km.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy New Year!
    That was a fun post for the last one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you Stefano!! Your little birthday wish totally made me smile:) How did you know?

    Seven has always been my favorite number...ever since I was a little girl. Now when ever I have a number seven in my bib numbers I consider it lucky! Thanks for thinking of me today:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete