Friday, July 29, 2011

Black Knight Air Force

Black Knight Air Force. Last night I found outside my window a little bat fallen from the bat-box that I put under the roof 2 years ago (see the pictures). Immediately I prepared a provisional refuge where I fed him with milk. After a couple of hours he was ready to come back to patrol the skies of the Black Knight Kingdom. Now he is a proud member of the Black Knight Air Force.



Running. I am following the usual summer training schedule, alternating swimming and running while waiting for the start of the marathon program (late august). On tuesday I will enter a 5 km in Marina S. Nicola, a city on the sea with an ancient roman villa on the beach. I had many doubts to do it because part of the route is on the sidewalks where I think we will get into the troubles for the crowded pack. Here is a pic of my last race in S.Marinella where I am chatting with Sir Giorgio, hidden by the grey lady, few meters after the start.
Question. What do you think of the bats?

20 comments:

  1. I love bats! Definitely suitable members of the aerial wing of the Black Knight Army. My brother took a very good bat picture some years ago in Texas, let me see if I can dig up the link: http://jennydavidson.blogspot.com/2007/10/natural-history.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome for saving that bat! I like bats but I don't think I have seen one in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bats! I would love a bat box! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the photo of the bat makes him look cute. I don't think I'd necessarily feel that way if there was a bat in my house though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of bats since they eat mosquitos. I'm sure having one flying around my head would make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No fan of bats although they don't freak me out unless they are in a house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE bats. I could have used them on our trek because mosquitoes this year were fierce.
    Did you knight your bat? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not so fond of bats. I left the door open the other day and ended up with two in the bathroom. It's kind of tricky to get them OUT of the house when they come in. I am getting to be an expert at bat relocation, though.
    I DO like that they eat bugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. giusto ieri ho corso coi bt proprio sul lungomare tra la folla... m'hanno tirato il collo ma è stato un buon test: oggi piscina anch'io!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bats freak me out just a little bit so I can't imagine how terrifying your entire air force would be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! Although I would be scared to have it in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't want one in or close by my house but I do think it's adorable that you took care of the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge bat fan! We have two places at home where they sleep during the day. A bat box sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like watching bats when they are outside and I am in. When they get in, I don't care for it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black Knight Air Force - Love it.
    Bats are great for keeping the insect population down.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, a bat. They freak me out but are very important to the habitat. I figure if I leave them alone they will leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like bats until they get caught in my hair. And they do! But a lot of bats = less bugs, so that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love bats!! We watch the bat show under the bridge here at home. They fly in figure 8's to catch bugs.

    This reminds me to set up some bat houses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bats scare me, but they are important creatures! I'm glad they're so well-loved by you and your household.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did remember your bats! haha! I like my bats to stay in the cave, or go to your house for care :)

    ReplyDelete