Thursday, September 08, 2011

Ladispoli - Trofeo Todaro

Todaro Trophy. Last sunday the Black Knight Army (the Black Knight, Sir Giorgio and his squire Massimo) went to Ladispoli to run the Todaro Trophy 6 km (indeed 6.06). It was a bad surprise: everything wrong! We didn't get the promised swag, tha path was different (3 laps with only uphill and downhill) and water at the end; nothing more. Moreover we were only 75 runners at the start. As I was following the training for the marathon, I took the decision to do a relaxing race without pushing but, after 1 km, I realized to be the last (a lady with her dog and a walker don't count). To save my honour I began to run faster even if I was late and still tired for the long workout of friday. The score: finishing time: 29'44" (4'55"/km - 7'55"/ml); 59° of 75. Sir Giorgio and his squire did a very good race.

Injured. Because of the stupid race I am injured now. This is my 4th day off. I have pain inside the knee and on the neck.

Good memories. Here are 2 pictures of the period when the Black Knight (in both the photos the second from left) was in the Navy. The first in the Taranto Naval Base (1990) and the second in Leghorn (1977):



22 comments:

  1. Oh, that stinks! I hate bad surprises. And then to get injured doing it. How frustrating. I hope you're recovered quickly. I played softball last weekend at a family reunion and running the bases killed my knee...not at the time, but later in the day I was limping badly. Luckily, after ice and rest I'm walking ok and running ok again.

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry you are injured! What a poorly organized race.
    Love the navy pics! I'm actually doing a race this weekend that ends at a navy base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are injured. I am sending healing vibes your way.

    Love the navy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - hope pain is gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( Totally stinks. Hope you recover from your injury soon. Those are great photos! Thank you for sharing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Sorry to hear the race injured you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sorry you got injured. Take some rest so you can get better quickly and resume training!

    The Navy photos are great! The Italian uniforms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope the injury is something small and quick! Rest up.

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. per dimenticare il titolo del post sta gara deve averti lasciato un segno molto profondo... ;) a ostia sarebbe stato peggio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look good in a uniform; even better in running shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you'll feel better soon and can do the long run next Sunday! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is not good. so sorry you are injured, hope this heals fasr. I would not like race surprirse like the one you had. I love those pictures! Nice uniforms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you are now injured! I hope you weren't last after that effort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pity that the race was a dud! So disappointing that the race wasn't great and then to end up injured makes it so much worse. Hope you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like a sucky race, no fair at all! And injured? ARGH!! Hope you heal quickly and get back out there doing what you love best!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ugh, so sorry about the knee!! I hope you heal quickly : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry Black Knight, but I trust you are not too injured to watch the battle of World Cup tomorrow - http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/ Australia v Italy! I will be so kind as to offer you a 10 point start in the battle :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear that you got injured - and how annoying to find you are coming in last! Hope you're feeling back on par soon...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry to hear that the race went so badly. 75 people?!? That's just crazy. I hope the injury heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope that you are feeling better soon! I love the old pictures you posted. You look good in uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've not read your posts in ages but good to hear you are still running well. 'cept for the minor injury. hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so so sorry you are injured!! I hope you heal quickly!! I am sending you lots of good thoughts for fast healing.

    That is a very small race!!

    ReplyDelete