Friday, October 28, 2011
The Versatile Blogger
Big thanks to Terzah for tagging me with the Versatile Blogger award. These "tag" posts are fun because you can learn a lot about your fellow bloggers. There are a few basic rules with this award:
a) You have to thank the giver and provide a link to that person's post. Thanks Terzah, I like your blog and your posts. I hope one day you can also run in Italy;
b) Share 7 random facts about yourself;
c) Award 15 other newly discovered blogs the same award.
Here are the 7 random facts about me:
1) The Black Knight is a Gigi Proietti's joke that finishes with a very rude but nice sentence in roman slang ("don't piss off the Black Knight" has the same meaning of this sentence but is kinder). We founded the Black Knight Army during a summer workout because we were angry against a stupid driver. Please listen to the final, even if it is in italian I am sure you will have fun:
2) In 1977 I joined the Coast Guard where I served for 20 years. Now I work in a Port Authority. I will never forget those 20 years in uniform spent with wonderful collegues: we were and are friends; we were and are again a family;
3) In 1979 I got married with Daniela, now we have one son (32 y.o.), one daughter (26 y.o.) and one grandson (3 y.o.) Both the children work in the port and live by their own. I am happy that they work near my office and live near my house;
4) I am a cancer survivor. I had a melanoma in 1991;
5) The story began with one cat, a devon rex. Later a lady cat without husband arrived and gave us 2 kittens. So we left the mom in the garden and offered hospitality at home to the 2 "babies". The mom didn't like to have lunch alone so, day after day, other 5 welcome guests (4 gentlemen and 1 lady) joined the group. Now we have 8 "owners" who claim the usucapion of the flat and the garden;
6) I love the rock concerts. In the last period I saw: Deep Purple, Marc Knopfler, Bryan Adams, Within Temptation, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Ferry, Queen, Le Orme, Chicago, Elton John, Joe Cocker, Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode, The Pretenders ... to be continued;
7) So far I have run 197 races (since 1986). Not many because only this year I have learned that I can enter a race only to enjoy the event, taking it easy and without pushing over my limits. In the past I didn't enter if I was not sure to be in perfect shape and well trained. The best memories: my PB on the marathon (1991 - 3h34'09"), the qualification in the National Navy Team (1996 - 8th overall and the Team had to be composed by 8 runners) and my first real half marathon after the surgeries (2011 - 1.46.12 far from my PB of 1h31'58" but I cried for the happiness).
Now I would have to tag 15 bloggers but I prefer not to choose. You are free to get the Versatile Blogger Award, to write 7 facts about yourselves and to award other blogs.
If you have followed the news, you know that in Italy we have had rainy storms. Here is a picture few hours before the local one.