Saturday, November 19, 2011

A week end to forget

Prologue. The last was a week-end to forget for 2 reasons: the first for the workout 33 km. long to confirm my participation at the Florence Marathon and the second for the Mark Knopfler’s concerts. But both the things went wrong. In chronological order:

Dylan-Knopfler’s Concert. I bought the “limited visibility tickets” because all the others were sold out. But, what a surprise, when I arrived at the auditorium in Rome (Palalottomatica) I found 2 sites with no visibility at all!!!! They were at the far right and under the stage hidden by a lateral curtain. When I complained at the help (???) desk the woman said: “send a letter” and I replied: “I don’t want to send a letter, I want to see the concert”!!!! No way. I left Rome and I came back home without following the concert. The day after I wrote to both the organizers ticketone.it and www.dalessandroegalli.com The first affirmed not to be responsible and the second that I knew that the visibility was limited. I argued that limited is different than nothing. No way, no refund. Now I am studying a legal action and I will start a press campiagn against those dishonest operators. On the first picture (I am under the arrow), took 4 days later during the Zucchero concert, you can see the 2 sites I bought and on the second Mark Knopfler (from the exit gate) before I left the Palalottomatica:


Running and Marathon plan. The day after (sunday) I was upset again for the adventure at the concert and I tried to do the workout 33 km. long but, after 25 km (15.5 mi), I gave up and I came back home. The other workouts during the week were: 11.4 km (7.1 mi), 12 km(7.4 mi) and 26.1 km (16.2 km) this morning. It means goodbye Florence!!! Looking at the calendar my last chance is the Pisa Marathon on dec. 18 if I succeed in running those “damned” 33 km on the next sunday.

Zucchero’s Concert. At last a very good concert, last wednesday I saw with my wife Daniela the Zucchero “Sugar” Fornaciari’s concert. 2 hours and half of wonderful rock and blues. Fortunately I found the “right” tickets to follow the performance from a good central position. Here are a couple of pictures of the concert in Rome:



This singer is also famous because he sang with the Queen "Las Palabras De Amor" during the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert:


22 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your weekend. I hope you get that run in and can still make the Pisa marathon after all of the training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outrageous! I'll bet the tickets were expensive, too. I love live music but it has become far too expensive.

    And you are running long again - yay!! Very happy to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in effetti, tanto valeva seguirlo dal web.... almeno ''dulcis'' in fundo c'era zucchero (battutaccia)! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that just stinks on both counts! But sounds like you turned things around...good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stefano, I am so sorry. I bet, if not for the stress, you could have run those 33 km. But you know what, you can do Florence next year, right? And Pisa is not so shabby a place to run in either. :)
    Hope you are having a much better weekend now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are following up on the disatrous seating. That is so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!
    so sorry all this turned out so bad...I would be furious about those tickets and I would not let it go

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree that what they did was wrong in selling you those tickets. You could have stayed at home, saved a heap of money and listened to his music instead and had the same effect without the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unbelievable! They would be good seats if you were blind! I'm sure you'll get your money back. 'Limited' is not 'No'!

    Good luck with your next attempt at the 33k - have an easy day (or rest) before, with no stress, and I'm sure you'll make the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe they even sell tickets where you can't see anything! Good luck with getting your money refunded, but I suspect the organizers probably have covered themselves well with "fine print".
    Sorry to hear about your run too - but I still think 25 km is nothing to be ashamed of!
    At least Zucchero made up for things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your alternative plan about Pisa Marathon on Sunday, December, 18th. In December I'm running a 10 km here in Civitavecchia: it's its first edition.

    I'm sending my registration for Rome Ostia half marathon. Now is less expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Limited" and "nonexistent" are two totally different things. I hope you're able to get some kind of satisfaction out of those companies. If you can't see anything, why pay the money to be there?

    I'm sorry your runs didn't go as planned, either, and I hope next weekend is one to remember for lots of great reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your second concert was in much better seating. That was a horrible thing that they charged you for tickets where you couldn't see!

    I hope your Pisa plan goes well! It would be nice to run a marathon right before Christmas and enjoy Christmastime as recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's indeed a weekend to forget. Sorry to hear about the concert and that you had to cut your long run short.

    Did you hear the news about Springsteen? He will be touring in Europe from half May 2012 till end of July. Of course we will try to get tickets, if he doesn't visit Holland this time, we will go to another country to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I agree, limited does not mean ZERO visibility. What a disappointment. Looks like you enjoyed great seats for the Zucchero concert!
    Sorry your running has not gone according to plan--it happens to the best of us. Pisa sounds like a good alternative, one day after my birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully you get to run the Pisa marathon...how cool is that....to run marathons in Europe must be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a bummer about the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's terrible about the seats! They should be clear up front about HOW limited the visibility is. I'm glad you got in a second concert that was better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the concert. I always do at least a 32km run before a marathon and can understand that you don't feel ready. Hope your plan for a marathon work out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about your weekend. I hope the concert venue/promoters make it right and either give you a refund or give you tickets to another show. I'm glad Zucchero's concert was better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have every right to be mad. Limited doesn't mean NO visibility. They should have just put you in the bathroom with a radio.

    Sorry about the Florence marathon but it will be for the best (in hindsight, right?) December 18th will be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, bummer on the concert!! Grr, that's just greed.
    I'm glad to hear that the second concert was better though.

    ReplyDelete