Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dublin

Dublin. I spent 3 days in Dublin, from 13 to 15 of march, for an ESPO meeting. I couldn’t stay there for St. Patrick Day because I had the tickets for the rugby match Italy-Ireland in Rome. Fortunately I had the time to visit again the beautiful city. The first time I went to Ireland was in February 2008 to follow the Italian rugby team. The photos below: the O2 concerts room; Christ Church; St. Audoens Church and St. Patrick Cathedral:




Rugby. Saturday was the last day of the 6 Nations Championship and I went to the Olympic Stadium with a friend of mine ( we were in the same class at school and we ran together for many years). It was a great match and for the first time we defeated Ireland. The final score was 22 – 15. The photos: the B.K.; the B.K. and his friend Piero before the match; an Irish supporters (is he a real leprechaun?); 2 italian supporters, the match.






Training. The things don’t go wrong and this is a great news! Now I am following the scheduled program based on periods of 8 days: swimming – running – swimming – rest – running – swimming – running – rest. The usual workouts: swimming 2000 meters (80 lengths in 50 minutes alternating backstroke and crawl) and running 7/8 km at the pace of 6’15”/km (10’03”/m). The improvements in running must be slow because I cannot injury myself again. In the future no more long distance runs, speedworks and competitive races but only relaxing runs for fun.

21 comments:

  1. Ireland looks nice. I have never been. Much prefer Italy & France if I go to Europe. Just saying. Glad you are running again. I know what you mean by taking it SLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. relaxing runs are great, whatever it takes to stay injury free my friend...Ireland looks fun! I too am back to running and trying to stay injury free, had some sore shins for a bit but bought shin sleeves (compression) and they take any pain away...I also bought new shoes and think I have solved the problem. Stay healthy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are looking up! That is fantastic! It is my dream to go to Ireland ...beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It' easy to see you had a great time in Dublin. Glad to hear you are back running.

    I have planned to go to Rome (LBM Sport) on Saturday, March 23th, in the early afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been crying into my beer since being beaten by Wales but at least you had a great match beating Ireland......off to cry into my beer some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been really busy. Ireland is one of the countries that I'd love to visit one day. It looks beautiful and I speak the same language - sort of.

    Glad to hear that you're able to run again even though it's not far or fast. Some running is better than no running at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ireland is way up on my bucket list. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO happy to see you running again! I went to Ireland once years ago, and might go again this summer. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really like to go to Ireland one day. Glad things are going well with your running and swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ireland looks beautiful, I have never been there. Glad to hear the training is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw part of the Italy-Ireland match on TV and thought about you! Congratulations to your team for winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been two Ireland twice, once as a young student and once with my husband (he and I both have Irish ancestors). I love Ireland--it's a beautiful place. (We've been to Italy only once, but it's also a beautiful place!!)

    You sound healthy and happy--so glad for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy to hear training is going well! How fun you went to Dublin. I was there about 13 years ago and loved it. I'd love to race there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! Go Italy!

    Happy to hear that programme is working well for you. 6:15/km pace for 7-8k is quite respectable - I'm sure you can build up your fitness. Maybe enough to enter some short races in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry I just missed you in Ireland! And I wish I could rejoice in Italy's win with you, but... you know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been to Ireland yet but it's still on my list to visit it.

    I'm so happy to hear your training is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just posted about taking baby steps to heal! Good focus! My daughter wants to go to Ireland for her high school graduation gift - she's been there and fell in love - I haven't yet - maybe this summer? Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good times with good friends!! Looks like you had a wonderful time at the matches. That fellow does look like a leprechaun :)

    It's nice to see running on your schedule again. Considering what you have been through, it is an amazing feat that you can run! Good to hear from you Stefano.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy to hear that you're feeling well with your training! I love Dublin, what a nice time of year to visit : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so happy to hear taht your training is going well!!

    I LOVE Rugby. I played in college, I was a Flanker. It was always hard to find a match anywhere because it isn't popular in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and I are on the same page with running now. It's different, but it's also doable. Right?

    ReplyDelete