Friday, March 08, 2013

February 2013

Running. On February 26th I got a surgery to remove 2 moles and now I have 2 scars full of stitches. After 10 days off, yesterday I ran 6 km slowly at 06:30/km (10:28/m). At the moment no swimming not to infect the scars. The present plan is to run every other day until the date when I will be able to come back to the pool. The future plan includes 3 days of sport and one day off: swim-run-swim-rest.  Of course my last injury doesn’t permit anymore to run as I did before, for this reason swimming will become my main activity.

February 2013: Running: 30.7 km (4 workouts). Swimming: 15600 meters (8 workouts). 15 days off for the sciatic pain and 1 day off for the surgery. Indeed a very bad month. Below 2  February photos:
My second grandson Filippo:


The horses near Spanish Steps in Roma: here you can see the horrible life of these animals, all the day under the sun and the rain, with the cold and the heat, dragging heavy chariots.


February 2011. In this month, 2 years ago, I ran my last half marathon, the Roma-Ostia in 1:46:12 and for sure that was my last half forever (the B.K. is the 7055). My PB on the distance is 1:31:58 (1991) in the same race.


Happy Women’s Day

17 comments:

  1. One day when I'm big, I'll also run a half marathon as fast as you have ;) .

    Filippo is SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been going through so many things. I wish you the future with swimming and running as planned by you...no more interruptions! I feel very sorry for those horses. We have animals here in SA as well that work very hard every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those horses! When I was there, they were also wearing raincoats. I'm not used to seeing horses working like that. Where I live, many people keep horses on their property and go for saddled rides on weekends for fun. It's very rural-residential here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs February anyway? It's a short one - we can just pretend it never happened :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can run another half :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as you can keep moving. Doesn't matter if it's swimming or running.

    Your Grandson is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your stitches come out soon and you can do more. Very frustrating for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sei na cartina geografica che racconta di un viaggio tormentato ma appassionante:... e che continua!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swimming and running, swimming and running ... that's seems good!
    I have never run that half marathon. Maybe I will run it when I retire.
    We'll decide to get pizza next week.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a humbling experience to lose so much fitness, but you are moving and that's all that matters. Hope the stitches heal up quickly and you can get back to the pool you enjoy so.

    I'm coming over and hooking up with Giorgio and you for pizza!! Italian pizza must be heavenly!

    Your grandson is such a cutie!!

    Hang in there, BK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're still able to run a bit, even if it's not as much as you would like.

    Your grandson is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would die for your half-marathon PB!

    Mainly, though, I'm just glad you are back to a regular pattern of working out--good for the soul and the mood.

    And your grandson is VERY cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm glad to see you're back running - and swimming so much too... and congratulations to Italy for the wins...much improvement here :) all the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1:46 was a good time to finish with. You were fast in the old days - 1:31 is flying! Happy running - even if the distances are short.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaah, thank goodness those animals haven't found there way into the meat factories - that news has really shocked me. I had a crappy February in terms of running too - lots of tears and feelings of defeat. Hang in there! I'm really determined to build strength and fight these injuries! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, BK. I've been absent for a while but wanted to drop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your scars are healing nicely by the time you read this.

    ReplyDelete