Friday, April 12, 2013

Vivicittà 3 km

Prologue: as I promised myself I am racing again but only in no competitive or in popular very crowded races. Only in these situations I can take it easy with no risk of worst injures. Obviously with my low mileage (57.3 km january, 30.7 km february, 63.7 km march) and my slow pace I cannot demand to be a runner.

The report. Last sunday I entered with Sir Giorgio the no competitive, mainly hilly, Vivicittà (Live the City) 3 km.  At the same time there was the competitive 12 km, a race that I put on my black list because of the crazy path.  Giorgio was so kind to decide to run all the distance with me; for him it was easy, for me tough. Finishing time 14:53 (4:58/km – 8:00 m).  As you can see in the first pic he has a big smile (right) while I am very tired (left). In the second the 2 Black Knights salute their supporters and fans. The Black Knight Army is popular again!



Training. Below my workouts since the last post. Corsa = Running and Nuoto = Swimming.


Have a good week end

21 comments:

  1. Great to see you out at a race! Well done! One day I dream of running with you and Giorgio somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you out there racing! Looking strong out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that the Black Knight is running again! You are stil lapping those on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, glad to see you back at it. Non-competitive is wonderful... You are out there and that's what counts...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that you're doing races again! Love the pictures :) .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see the army is on the warpath again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fans were sheering because they were so pleased that their favourite knight, although wounded in battle, has made a return. Well done on the race.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing like racing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds fast to me :) it's nice to get out there and enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo, the army has reunited and back in action. This brings a big smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice that you were able enter a race! An 8 minute mile is great- especially with what you have been through with the serious injuries. Your friend Georgio is a good friend. What a great photo of the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The two Black Knight will be dealing with new challenges soon :) Races in Tuscany seem interesting ... as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Running, did I hear RUNNING? Wow, that is fantastic news Stefano

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my world, you are still very fast! Glad the running is going well, even if you have to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First: you are a runner. Mileage and pace doesn't define us as a runner. Everytime you put on those running shoes and go out there: you're that runner!

    Well done on the race.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Long Live the Army of the Black Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the process of healing, my Coach told me the other day to not get so upset, and to be glad I can run. Your approach is similar - so glad you are back to running and having fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy, it's so wonderful, to see you racing again!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go the Black Knights! What are you talking about? 4:58 per km is a very respectable pace. You would be finishing ahead of Ruth in a 3000m race. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The black knight is always victorious even if he's tired. Great job.

    ReplyDelete