Wednesday, August 14, 2013

July

Apologies. I know, I am late to post something about July and to comment, but the life is hectic and I spent good time travelling with my wife through France, Spain and Andorra. The pics in the next post.

July 2006. The Black Knight Army wore for the first time the international black armour. The great event was celebrated with an official dinner (see the new t-shirts on the table). The day after, a platoon of the glorious Army marched proudly through the city. Here you can also see the war council before the raid and the first moments after the ordeal.




July 2013. Stats: because of the injury only 38.8 km running and 12.5 km swimming. As the latin said “mala tempora currunt” (bad times run). The sciatic nerve doesn’t heal completely and I am sure that I will never run as I did before. I must decide to change my behavior and my goals: only short and slow runs for fun and for the health. No more specific trainings and only popular races with thousands of runners where the finishing time is not important. At the moment I regularly swim and I run twice a week but only for 7 km at the pace of 6:30/km not to feel pain.

Have a good august holiday

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your traveling pictures - sounds like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 2006 photos are priceless! You've really had your long run with injury. Can't believe how long you have struggled. Best to take it day by day. All the best, there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here - slow and shorter distance = better than nothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be looking forward to your next post and your pictures. Sounds like you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see you're still blogging about running. :) I am also a lot slower due to past injuries, and I will never be as fast, but I can run, and that keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running a short race is an enjoyable way to visit places and see people. Be careful1! We'll run a race as soon as possible.
    Meanwhile, I Hope we can meet soon and have pizza.

    I'm so curious to see your pics about the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you writing again, I have missed your updates recently :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The traveling sounds wonderful. It's hard to change our goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry the nerve isn't allowing you to race any longer, but running for "fun" will be good and you have thousands of memories to look back on during those fun races :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy! Looking forward to the photos and the stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fabulous holiday. Hope you're not too busy to watch the Bledisloe Cup, Aus v NZ. Go the Wallabies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you can get out there and run at all and hope that it only improves for you! Love the photos/stories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm looking forward to your pictures from your trip! I didn't get any further than Kansas this summer, so I have to live through everyone else's travels.

    ReplyDelete