Thursday, October 17, 2013

Belgium

Apologies. I apologize because I am behind with commenting and posting. The life is hectic and in this period I am very busy at work with many commitments abroad where I am member of some committees and work-groups to discuss about environmental topics.

Bloggers meeting. Last week I went to Antwerp (Belgium) for a meeting and a conference. I had the possibility to meet other runners (no-bloggers) and to run throughout the city center and near the Scheldt river. However the main event was the meeting with our blogger friend Amy at the Brussels airport before my flight back to Rome. She is as I imagined she were: a nice, kind and intelligent person. It was a real pleasure to meet Amy and I hope that one day she and her family will come to Italy. You can see our photo at the airport on her blog.



Workouts. The things go better, now I follow a program with 5 weekly workouts: alternating swimming and running. In the pool 1700 meters and running about 10 km at the pace of a little less than 6:00/km (9:39 m). Since I wear the compression socks I don't have anymore problems on my sciatic nerve. 

Question: Have you ever met other blogger friends?

8 comments:

  1. I would love to meet Amy. I have met some blogger friends and I consider it a very special event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice you met Amy! Antwerp is a beautiful place. We almost moved to Belgium from England but it didn't work out. Many, many blogger meetups and trips here in the states. You need to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real life has to take precedence over blog life, we all get that. :)We'll still be here when life is less busy.

    Some of my closest friends (including my adventure racing teammates) are people who I've met first through their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to run in Belgium and meet a running blogger friend! I've never met a blogging friend in person - perhaps I'll someday meet the Black Night when I come to run in Italy...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I've met you and Fran! And both times I was so glad I did - thanks for taking the time, I know how hectic those business trips can be. Looking forward to seeing you again in Brussels, and who knows, perhaps someday in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you met Amy on her blog and must admit I told her I'm jealous. I really hope I get to meet you one day. I have met "One Crazy Penguin" on the airport here in Johannesburg. I've met and became good friends with Staci from "I Run In Sandals". I run with her, her husband Ian and her dad Alan often nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I have met Amy, just like you. Isn't she the sweetest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had the honor of meeting you -- twice! They are very nice memories. I hope someday we can meet up again.

    ReplyDelete