Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year + December

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES


December 2013. This was a good month for running with no injures and only one short trip abroad: 13 workouts and, at last, 1 race for a total of 134.3 km (83.4 m) at the average pace of 6:01/km (8:04/m). As I promised myself I took it easy, going slow and with no long distance runs, in fact the max single mileage was 12 km (7.45 m). Also the races are now only a way to make a different workout. Swimming: only 7 times for a total of 11800 meters because the swimming pool, during the holidays, has an opening time not compatible with my work schedule. This is a picture of the Black Knight/St. Claus at the start of the last race on Dec. 15th:
December 1986. Yes, 27 years ago! It looks like another era: see the cars, the buildings and the running clothes. On the right at that time the railway and now an open market with a big parking; the old houses now are modern buildings with shops. It was a tremendous hilly 14.4 km (9 m) race and I lost more than 3 minutes because I had to wait for the passage of the train: other times, different organization! Finishing time (I didn’t stop the clock during the passage) 1:06:47 at the pace of 4:38/km (7:27 m), 63 of 86 overall.


15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Stefano. I wish that 2014 will be a great injury free year for you. Thank you for sharing your stories with us this year, I look forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buon Anno Stefano! Spero che il 2014 sia un'anno splendido per la corsa e con la famiglia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family Stefano! Here's to a fantastic 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 27 years of running, very impressive! Great photos. I'm glad you had such a great month and avoided injuries. Wishing you an injury-free and successful New Year! Happy 27 more years of running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. Here's to more good months like December was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear of no injuries, Happy New Year Stefano!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great way to be starting 2014 - running well with no injuries. I hope the year continues like this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Stefano...onwards and upwards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you too! Best wishes for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you begin this New Year in a very special way with your friends and family. On January 5th we shall run our first race of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for the great runs you had in December! Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you and your family! Glad that December was a good month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you Stefano. I am still here. Not blogging as much as I would like. I think FB have taken over my life! lol. Still raceing and loving and hating it at the same time, but it is what I am. I really do hope to blog a note every now and then. A happy healthly new year to you. I am so glad to see you running again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cars and running clothes have improved since then! Good time for 27 years ago, and also not bad now considering injuries. All the best for 2014. Enjoy all your runs. And rugby!

    ReplyDelete