Friday, December 06, 2013

November

November 2013. Not an easy month for the workouts because of the flu and the 2 business trips abroad (Belgium and Cyprus). I only ran 9 times for a total of 93,8 km (58,3 m) and swam twice (3400 meters). In this month, during a ceremony, I met very good friends of mine since the Navy times. Below it is the pic of the “glorious” Old Guard. Another meeting will take place on Dec. 18th, the President of the local rugby team organized a dinner with also the former players. I cannot wait. Come on Saracens!!!!!!!


November 2006. 15 days before the Florence Marathon, I ran the Civitavecchia Half Marathon, also valid for the Italian Championship of the Port Operators. I decided to run slowly, as a simple workout, also why I didn’t feel good the 2 previous days; during the race I lost 1 minute to have a refueling drink and I finished in 1:45:36. After my arrival I came back home. The day after I knew that I was the Italian Champion in my age group!!! I could not believe, champ with the finishing time of 1:45:36!!!! But you know, the Black Knight Army is legend.



Which was your best running performance?

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the flu Stefano. No fun at all. What fun memories about your championship. Very nice award too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the Old Guard. Enjoy your rugby dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Italian running royalty if won you were age group champion. That's a nice claim to fame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these "old" pictures of times gone by, you are doing great at the moment with swimming and running, keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yuck...hope you're feeling better now!

    What a neat story! And great memories. :)

    I placed first in my age group and second woman overall last April. It was mostly bc of a small race but still pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your recent half marathon

    ReplyDelete
  7. TEAMARCIA: I was very lucky not to find competitive runners in my AG.

    KARIEN: This is the second rugby dinner of our team's story. Cannot wait.

    CHAR: You know, the Black Knight Army is legend. The professors will teach its exploit at the University.

    JERRY: Thank you Jerry.

    KATE: I feel good now, thank you. Congrats again for your 1st place.

    LISA: Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your nice comments about the loss of my cat. Keep up the swimming and running.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are fully recovered and feeling better! Great recap of your championship. Love the photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are working hard to get your results, you might be exposed to the risk of overtraining. According to fitness instructors, the best ways to prevent overtraining is proper nutrition and switching the types of your activities. I have been searching for related articles and find a lot of good advices and professional expertise at http://bit.ly/Rsiolr

    ReplyDelete