Monday, January 06, 2014

Ostia - Corsa degli Avanzi

Yesterday the Black Knight and Sir Giorgio went to Ostia, near Rome, for a 7 km race organized to collect food for the homeless. The path, mainly flat, was very challenging, full of puddles and with many pine roots under the asphalt. Because of a rainy storm the distance was cut and became 5.3 km long. There we met TheYogi who arrived late at the start and didn't race.
At the end we had lunch in a typical restaurant on the hills eating special local dishes near the fireplace. A very nice day!
Stats: 5.3 km in 26:41 (official time 26:31) at the pace of 5:02/km (8:06/m); 51° of 92 overall (no age-groups).



Have you already raced this year?

15 comments:

  1. The lunch sounds wonderful. Nice reward after the race and yes, I raced on New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. e proprio un avanzo, mi sentivo.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. I'm hoping to race in Feb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first race. Not yet for me. This Sunday is my first - a 10 miler...gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Stefano! I have not raced yet this year. Our weather has been horrible. I have a 5k scheduled for Feb 9.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to read about you racing again. :)

    I haven't raced yet, but I'm having a wonderful time playing outside this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Considering that you're not really racing, that's a pretty fast time. I haven't raced this year yet and won't until the temperature starts to cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you, you're racing - HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mi ha caricato in modo particolare questa gara. Non vedo l'ora di potermi concedere un'altra giornata di relax e benessere come quella del 5 gennaio scorso. Contesto cordiale e percorso interessante tra la pineta ... eccezion fatta per le radici in superficie veramente pericolose. Oltretutto, è stato carino anche l'aspetto sociale della gara e mi riferisco alla raccolta fatta dalla "Caritas".
    Almeno una gara al mese!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done in tough conditions, and what a great cause. I raced already as well, my first ultra on the 4th. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice race! You are faster than me at the moment. 26:07 for 5k for me last Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lunch after the race sounds great and fun.

    Well done on your race. I haven't done a race yet (only 1 in 2013). But I do want to do some this year again but not before March.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice that you both have each other to inspire one another! Great run!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very late HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, Black Knight!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete