Friday, July 25, 2014

St. Urbano Abbey

S.Urbano Abbey. Last week I made a short trip to Marche region with my son and, by chance, we found on our way, hidden in a stunning green country, a medieval abbey: St. Urbano. We could not believe how beautiful it was: architecture, silence, magic atmosphere and gregorian chants in the air. But the light games were the unexpected and best show. We had the opportunity to enjoy the sunlight entering through a hole in the ceiling and from narrow windows to hit, with a sunbeam, special parts of the church. See the pics below:






Injury update. The cure continues. Other 2 weeks of physiotherapy to try to recover the total use of the shoulder avoiding the surgery and to rebuild the muscles of my back. At the moment I walk slowly one hour each morning. The run, the races, swimming are only far memories and (for now) impossible dreams. I don't know if the dreams really come true.

Are you enjoying your summer vacation?

9 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful Stefano.

    Be patient, better take it easy now and fully recover before you start doing something again. I know it's hard but it's the best for you.

    I'm definitely enjoying my vacation. First week already over, two weeks left. We are staying home this year because I bought a new car which will be delivered next week or the week after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up yet. Hope your dreams become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunbeams in those pictures are amazing. The architects of these buildings really knew what they were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of the Abbey Stefano. Stick with the rehab plan and I'm sure you'll eventually return to swimming and 'fun' running.
    No summer holidays for us down here. It's freezing! Sitting by the fire watching Australia play in the Rugby 7s at the Commonwealth Games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Don't give up. Enjoy the walking and hopefully the others will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll return to swimming as soon as possible. Keep calm and carry on!

    Easy to see you'are enjoyng your holiday and those beautiful landmarks! I will be on vacation next week: my best destination will be the Ponza Island.

    This evening, at 08:00 p.m. a 10 km race starts here in your hometown. I will not run it but I will be volunteer providing water along the running path. I don't run any race in Summer.

    Have a nice vacation!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! What a nice discovery. Never give up. Wishing you continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the photos! What a beautiful peaceful place :) I am sorry your healing is slow, I wish you all the best. I know how frustrating it is when you want to do something and can't. Hang in there, dreams do come true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully physiotherapy will work and surgery can be avoided! I wish you many more swimming and running races after full recovery! Dreams do come true when the Universe is ready:)

    ReplyDelete