Friday, July 04, 2014

When the things go wrong

When the things go wrong. This blog was born as a running blog but, time after time, it has became generic because of all the injures occurred. Since september 2007 I had to fill a long list and now, unfortunately, I am at the "not return point". The 2 fractures on my back and the last one of the shoulder, that has also damaged the tendon, represent the final shot. I thought to have weak bones but the MRI and the x-rays demonstrate that I am "only" unlucky. Last, but not least, my age: in october 58. Now I cannot swim and run for long time because the shoulder hurts (perhaps it needs a surgery to repair the tendon) and I have to rest all summer to recover the complete use of the back. In my future slow running and slow swimming will only be a relaxing hobby when and if possible. At the moment I am under medical control following a 20 days inflammatory cure.
Random news. In this last month I went twice to Brussels (Belgium) for work. Below some photos:





Monday I had lunch in a typical restaurant on the hills around my city where we ate local mushrooms and pasta with black truffles:


My daughter in june collected other 430 euros to buy food for the local dog shelter.
HAVE A GREAT JULY!

16 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the bad news. So frustrating.

    Your daughter sounds like a wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way dude. I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. Wishing you the best and some quick healing. Though in reduced form, dont give up on your passion. The human body can do some amazing things. Keep you chin up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. minchia (licenza poetica) che sfortuna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that things have turned out this way for you and I wish you well. Your daughter is just amazing! You have done a great job with her,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really had a rough time. Hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you are still troubled with back and shoulder injuries Stefano. Praying for a miracle for you. Your daughter is doing an amazing job for the animals. Bless her heart. Glad you are enjoying some summer travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry that your injuries are still causing problems for you. It's frustrating, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear you are still battling pain and injury. I am just a few years behind you age wise and I have thought about what will become of me when that day comes that your body just won't cooperate. I wish for you health and some way to enjoy activities you love. Wonderful pictures :) Your daughter has a big heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely unlucky! This is really bad news for you and all I can do is hope that you heal soon.

    Love what your daughter did for the local pet shelter, that's my kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your bad news. I wish you a speedy recovery. Travel though to these beautiful countries, is a wonderful alternative. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pasta looks amazing! These days I'm more into cooking than running, can you tell?:) Hopefully you'll be pain-free very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry for your misfortune. I pray you feel better soon and can return to at least some of the activities you love and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bugger! I just hope with the long rest you can return to some easy jogging and swimming "just for fun" - that would be something.
    Fabulous photos - I have friends staying at Acquasparta (?) for your summer. They really enjoy Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sorry to hear about the continued injury...that is NO fun. Italy is my dream place to visit, and your pictures of the mushrooms and pasta made my stomach growel! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So maybe you will turn into a foodie? have a food blog called "The knights at the round table"?. Your body will heal up. Just dont turn into compost in the meantime my friend. Stay thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah man, that stinks my friend!! When you get back to being 100%, it's going to be that much sweeter when you get to run and swim. It's so hard to be patient, but you are strong and I know it'll happen. Stay strong, and enjoy those gorgeous views on your trips! (and I am dying laughing at Kenley's comment about the foodie blog :)).

    ReplyDelete