Saturday, November 01, 2014

October recap, a dog and a bird

October 2014. Coming back to life! I have run 10 times and the last workout was 8.6 km long (5.34 m) in 52:38.  I also swam 3 times but for no more than 800 metres because the back hurts again. Moreover I am following a course of postural exercises (twice a week) and I am doing physiotherapy (once a week). Stats: running 63,5 km (10 workouts) – swimming 2200 metres (3) and walking 59,5 km (11).
October 1999. I ran the Urbs Mundi half marathon in Rome in 1:48:27 and, at that time, it was my personal worst. 1689 of 2523 overall.


The dogThis week I went to Olbia (Sardinia) for a conference and at the end, in the parking near the building, some foreigners told me that they must leave their dog. Well, I bought the dog for 20 euros and I gave her to a dog shelter in the same city. Very nice people who take care of thousands of animals. Here is the photo of the B.K. before the conference.


The bird. The week before I found a wonderful throstle on a dock. He was very tired after a long migratory flight. He was so kind to come with me and to spend some hours in my office to drink a little of water and to have a light lunch. Later a voluntary of an association for the protection of the birds came and, after some medical check, gave him the freedom. Here is the throstle in my office.


Have a good sunday 

15 comments:

  1. Very interesting about the animal rescues. You have a good heart.
    I am glad to hear you are back to running 8k! That's fantastic, Stefano! Keep up the PT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how nice you rescued the bird and the dog - very kind of you! And I'm glad to hear how much running you've been able to do - wow!
    Very exciting you might get to Japan - hopefully if you go in spring you might get to see the cherry blossoms. I'll look forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of lizards or mouses in a office but not of birds :)

    Of course, we can already plan to run the 5k race through the Rome's Dalmatian streets in January. I hope you'll increase your running shape slighly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you can run and swim again, great development!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should rename your blog to St Francis The Not-so-black Knight. You've got a soft heart when it comes to animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bird came inside?? You must have some magical touch. I thought you were going to say that you brought the dog home. And yes......what Char said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awh this post just made me happy. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear such encouraging things for you! So glad your running and swimming are coming back more. And yes, you have a big heart. :) Looking very sharp at your conference! It's always fun to see "real life" pictures of people I know primarily as runners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah man, what a big heart you have, my friend! My mom used to have birds and I never liked them being captive, but I love trying to identify them when I see them on the trails.

    Good to hear the running is coming back. You and I can get this running thing back going together and compare notes :).

    Great picture of you, you clean up very nicely!!

    Have a great week - and RUN STRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all the others - you have a very good heart!

    Your personal worst half-marathon time is better than my personal best, haha! One day I'll also get there :) .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are back out there running, that's terrific! Nice work with the dog and the bird. Love the photo of the bird sitting there...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you're running again - 8.6k is very respectable (good enough to join the Wallabies on their training runs). Nice work with the dog and bird rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have touched my heart by rescuing that dog and bring her to a dog shelter. You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful news your running again! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear the PT is going well and you are running again :) Your half time is awesome, even if it was your personal worst. You have a good heart to care for animals. It makes me sad people give up animals. I can't believe the bird came and rested with you - awesome :)

    ReplyDelete