Friday, March 20, 2015

Running again

At last I succeed in following a regular routine with no pain, no stress and no scheduled training (I mean specific works). To stay healthy is my only goal. The routine contemplates 3 days of sport in a row (when possible, because in this period I travel a lot for work) and 1 day of rest: swimming or running are the same for me. It depends by the weather or the swimming pool opening hours.

Running. The mileage is low, about 120 km (74.5 m) per month but the speed improves by itself. Now my training pace is more or less 5:40/km (9:08 m). It is important to stay injury free and enjoy every single run.

Swimming. Never been a problem, I have been swimming since I was a baby. Every session is about 1600/1700 meters and the situation is good because in early morning (07:30 am) we are no more than 2 persons in each lane.

Photos: these are other photos from the Parkrun in Scotland that I have run with my son last month.







Have a good week end and enjoy the spring

13 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, and so glad to hear you are doing well! Your mileage sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the running is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you doing what you love, Stefano! I wish I'd have learned to swim as a child but better late than never, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avevo già saputo qualcosa da Rocco, che ti ha visto spesso correre. Così va benissimo. Nel corso della primavera potrai poi portarti sui 150 km al mese. Ottimo anche il tuo graduale miglioramento della velocità. Ed inoltre, cosa più importante di tutto, stai evitando sollecitazioni pregiudizievoli alla muscolatura. Continua così. I territori di Grosseto e Viterbo ci aspettano.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are running pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a relief to hear you are running pain-free again - HOORAY! I am envious of your pace, I can't even hit those when I'm TRAINING! Ha.

    Scotland is a place high on my list to visit one day. Along with every other place you seem to visit! :)

    Hoping the good running and swimming continues.

    Btw, broke my hand since I last emailed you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all sounds like it's going well in your world at the moment. Let's hope that your injury days are behind you. You've certainly had your fair share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good news that running is going better and better. And for what it's worth: you still run more mileage and faster than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news on the pain free running!! Doesn't get better than that. Again some beautiful pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you! I love your goal: To stay injury free and enjoy every, single run. I also want to enjoy every, single run!

    Love the parkrun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! It sounds like this year is off to a great start for you! :) Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to hear you're going well Stefano. 5:40/km is a solid training pace. Thanks for the Parkrun photos - so many runners and so wet. First rain today for quite a while here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you are back at it steady. Hope it continues to go well for you.

    ReplyDelete