Thursday, April 30, 2015

April (and the trip to Tallinn)

April 2015. This was a not so good month because a painful prostatitis that lasted 20 days but, despite the problem, I didn't give up and I kept on training. Of course the treatments with antibiotics made me become weaker, so I ran shorter distances at a slower pace (a little bit under the 6:00/km - 9:40/m).
Stats: Running 94.7 km (58.8 m) in 10 workouts - Swimming 11.200 meters in 7 workouts. 
Tallinn. I also spent 3 days in Tallinn (Estonia) to attend an ESPO meeting on the sustainable development in the maritime transports. Here are 3 photos of the city: 




And here are some memories of the "Medieval night" organized by the local Port Authority: what do you think about the "orbs" in the 2nd photo?





April 1987. 28 years ago! See how different my outfits, the cars and the building were. My shoes were the famous Nike Elite Classic. The stats of that race: 11 km in 50:47 (my slowest race of the year). I was 61° of 73.


Have a good running, swimming, biking May 

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of the set back but glad you were able to continue training. Nice month an again, some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better and am glad you were able to train through it. I think I'm finally starting to swim enough that I need to measure my distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are getting to see a lot of Europe with your EPSO trips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vista dalle tue foto, la città di Tallin è proprio come me l'hai descritta. Gradevole la veduta dell'area pedonale.

    Gradevole il percorso di questa mattina alle molacce! Potremo fare qualche cosa per preservare quelle testimonianze archeologiche presenti in stato di abbandono lungo il percorso delle Molacce. Ad es. si potrebbe "pungolare" qualche associazione di perecottari locali pseudoambientalisti.

    Buon fine settimana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still great training, you have to rest a little when the body says rest, right.
    I love to see these trip photos the architecture is amazing! Love the medieval outfits.
    Your throwback pictures are always so awesome. You have great running moments to cherish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you didn't have a great month, Stefano, but great job on doing what you could anyway.

    You're so blessed to be able to travel to so many beautiful places - lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tallin is beautiful! Is that a church in the last photo? The architecture is amazing - and especially impressive because it was probably built centuries ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do go to many wonderful places. Hope May is better for you and good job doing what you could. No surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ghosts crashed your party! Small shorts and big race numbers back then - now big shorts and small numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing your photos I would love to visit Tallin. Maybe next time I am in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tagged you my friend in my recent running favorites post, if you would like to do a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always loved the pictures you share, they are so diverse and amazing at the same time my friend. I am sadly not running any longer but do dream of returning to it someday in the future. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete