Sunday, April 12, 2015

Vivicittà 3 km

On a sunny spring sunday I have run a 3km no-competitive race. Why this decision and not the competitive 12 km? First of all because the second is a crazy path: 4 laps with a heartbreak uphill and a similar downhill; too easy to get injured. But the most important reason is a boring prostatitis for which I have been taking antibiotics (and not only) since last tuesday, so I am weaker and with a higher heart rate. The cure will last, if I am lucky, other 13 days.
However this morning I received a call from Sir Giorgio who offered his services as personal photographer. This is the only photo of my race (I am the last in black armor):


Was I too fast or he ........... What do you think? Your opinion is very important.
The finishing time was 14:30 (4:50/km - 7:47/m). I know the distance was short but at least I have run!

12 comments:

  1. I think Sir Giorgio's better suited as a running companion than a personal photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you had a run.....great news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee, your personal photographer really slipped up! I think you're right - you were way too fast for him :) .

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were too fast! A very nice run and always better to care for health rather than push to much.
    Hills, so right my friend, so easy to be re- injure on them. Hills have been a little nemesis for me lately lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you chose your race wisely. Short distance or not, I think your pace was solid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun!! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at Char's comment.

    Yes you ran and that's important, I think you made a smart decision. And you are very fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m with Char. And you sound mighty fast to me...I ran 3 miles the other day and it was some of the slowest, hardest running since I started running...and it was on pavement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were way too fast for Giorgio to get a good shot! I like the shorter distances. You can recover faster and do more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sir Giorgio needs a faster shutter finger and a zoom lens! Under 5-minute ks is a good time and you were sensible to run the 3k. Short distances are just as hard as long to run well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey your racing! How nice of Sir Giorgio to take pics! Too fast for him, though! LOL! Great pace!

    ReplyDelete