Thursday, May 07, 2015

Tag your IT

I was tagged by Karen of Fair and Freckled to share my running favorites with you.
She has many great posts about running on her blog
Thank you Karen for tagging me.
I will tag Amy, Giorgio and all the blogger friends who would like to join.
Favorite running place. My favorite running place is a path who runs between my city and S.Marinella inside the green country and near the sea. The scenery is wonderful and the only noise you hear are the singing birds.
Favorite RaceI don’t have a favorite race even if I miss the races of the past (no more organized now) with few runners when we were pioneers of this sport: I mean early 80s. Below a photo of a race I have run in 1986:


Now I like to run where I can enjoy the scenery and the atmosphere. I can say: some races in Rome near the ancient monuments or inside green parks, the Florence marathon most of it through the historic centre, Edinburgh 10 miles and Parkrun, Athens 10 km and Berlin half marathon. Below the photos of my Marathons in Rome (1991) and Florence (2006):



Time of the day. I would like to run in the middle of the morning to enjoy the warm sun (obviously not in summer) but as I must work as the common humans have to do, I usually run at 07.00 a.m. before going to my office.
Ideal weatherConsidering the local weather: not summer because too hot and not spring because I have some allergies. Winter and fall are ok but I give my best at sunset under a light rain: it reminds the glorious time when I played rugby (middle 70s). Below a photo after a workout under the snow in 2012 (rarely it happens here):



Fuel. During the workout/race only natural water, after the effort a simple dose of magnesium and potassium to recover:


Rewards. At the end fresh water, but I also consider a special reward the fountains during a workout in summer. After a race Coca Cola with lemon. However a good swag is always well accepted if it contains nice memories such as t-shirt, keyring or something else.

14 comments:

  1. How amazing is that picture of the Firenze Marathon...! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing - I love to run through my local park. This time of year the Cherry Blossom trees are in bloom, and it is heavenly! In June, the honeysuckle blooms, and in July and August, roses - mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing where you run. Hooray for Rome and Florence marathons! Coke with lemon sounds perfect after a race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lovely spot to run in that connects you with nature. I love to see your racing photos! The picture of Firenze 206 is especially magnificent. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, a neck warmer, just like I got in the mail!! :)

    Your marathon pictures are incredible - thanks for sharing them. And what a great post of your favorites; always good to read what those far away like compared to us in the US :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facemmo insieme quell'allenamento sulla neve a febbraio del 2012. Avevamo anche il servo al nostro seguito ... poi le nuove leggi abolirono queste forme di servitù.
    Ottimo il reintregro dell'acqua e dei sali dopo l'allenamento. Non sono d'accordo con la coca cola dopo allenamento. Credo sia una bibita carica di zuccheri e molto acida. Qundi, gli zuccheri servono eventualmente prima dell'allenamento e la forte acidità della bevanda costringe il corpo ad uno sforzxo notevole per bilanciare il ph e riportarlo a livelli di basicità ottimali. Scusami se ho fatto il saputone, ma sono avvelenato, tra l'altro, dal fatto di vedere la Coca cola e il McDonald all'EXPO di Milano. Non dovrebbero consentire a questi fabbricanti di veleni di partecipare a una inizitiva finalizzata alla divulgazione di un'alimentazione sana e sostenibile.

    Buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that running around Rome and seeing lots of your famous sites would make for a magic run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely like to run where the scenery is great. Your favorite place sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have a hard time picking favourite race if I were you too...you've had some spectacular places to run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw this - will get to it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scenery is always a good excuse for a race :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun post! I agree, running with nice scenery truly helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The path you like running on sounds just wonderful. Maybe you could make a short video and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm - I have some spots like that here in NJ! I hafta run before 7am so I can make it to work on time, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete