Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Idiot in the pool and a little bat

Running/swimming update. Summer is coming and now it’s hard, because the hot weather, to run after 08.00 a.m. and before 06.30 p.m. However I always choose paths with fountains to refresh myself during the second half of the workouts. In june I have started again to train regularly  even if the pain on the lower back is not completely disappeared. Slow runs of about 10 km in 1 hour and 1500 meters of swimming. Races: I am thinking at a duathlon on june 28th in Tuscany: 7 km trail and 1900 meters swimming in open sea.
Idiot in the pool. In this period the swimming pools are full of people (maybe because most of them think to be in time to look fit on the beach in the near future) and it is very easy to meet stupid and rude persons. For instance a woman keeps on complaining, screaming against everyone, because she pretends to stay alone in the lane. The reason? She is “too fast compared to the others”, yes it is right but only why she wears very very very long fins and large hand paddles. While swimming she doesn’t care, she knocks every person ahead. I only said: "next time I come back in this lane with a pair of fins, I overwhelm you and the slower leaves the lane". I received a standing ovation from the other swimmers. Believe me, I will do it!!!
The bat. On Sunday I found this little (for size, but adult) bat with a slim rope around his wing. After the first cures my wife fed him with milk and water and the day after we brought him to the bat shelter where we got bad news: his right wing is in necrosis. We hope he can survive to come back to freely flight in the night.




11 comments:

  1. Ah poor little bat!

    Good for you to address that woman. People can be so rude. For example in a running event: I'm always the slow one and keep to the right of the road so the fast people can pass me but there are always other slow ones who run in the middle of the road and then suddenly stop and start walking. So rude.

    Temperatures are pretty okay here with some days around 30C but since I always run (if I run, lost a bit of my motivation) around 5.30 am the weather is still good then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are such a funny lot. Sigh.

    Poor little bat - trust it will be healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear some people have issues. I'm glad you stood up to that idiot. There is a similar woman in my pool. Poor bat! Praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we have issues with rude people everywhere!! Crazy. Hope the bat is ok. Nice you are trying to save him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black Knight to the rescue. Ready and willing to brave the wrath of the vicious she-pool monster. I'm glad you survived that showdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you're saying about the temperatures! Since I'm off summers, I have a terrible time making myself get up early enough to beat the heat, so instead I suffer and sweat. My own fault, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a swimming race I'd like to see! You will enjoy the duathlon - I hope to do one or two this winter (more fun for me that triathlons, as I swim like a heavy brick). Good luck to batman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a guy a couple years ago who always stole my kickboard. We nicknamed his "kickboard stealer" (I know, we are clever!!!). My very pregnant friend one day yelled at him and told him to stop taking our boards and get his own from now on or we were going to steal his and whack him on the head with it. Gotta love it that my friend was pregnant and her hormones were out of control...otherwise, he'd still be stealing our kickboards! :) I hope you kick the crap out of her and win the lane back!! :)

    The duathlon sounds really fun and right up your ally with all the swimming you've been doing....and running. Perfecto! (is that Italian? I never know.... haha ).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor little bat :( It's nice you and the wife are taking care of him, I am sure he would tell he's grateful if he could :)
    Why are peeps so crazy?
    I am only doing half way okay running in the very early morning, about 5:00 a.m. seems to be the best, it's hard waking up some days. I think I will run a little less until it cools off for sure. At night there are so many bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read about you beating that woman! She sounds obnoxious.
    1900 meters in the open sea sounds impressive. And running by fountains sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, hoping to be back soon😀! Hoping your duathalon went well!

    ReplyDelete