Monday, June 01, 2015

May

May 2015. This was another not so good month because I had to take 2 weeks off: the first after a little surgery to remove a mole and the second for a painful lumbar sprain. At last yesterday I have made the first workout after the forced rest, a slow relaxing 10 km in 61:00.
Stats: Running 92.9 km/57.7 m (9 workouts) - Swimming 5200 meters (3 workouts).
However, during the break, I made a short trip for pleasure visiting some places in Marche region (photos 1-2) and a wonderful town built on a rock named Vitorchiano (photos 3-4-5).






May 1989. 26 years ago I run a half marathon through the beautiful green Tuscany country around Grosseto. My finishing time was 1:33:51 (4:27/km - 7:10/m) and I was 92° of 148. In the photo I am the n° 153).


Have a good month of running, biking, swimming and hiking.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's one crazy fast half marathon! Have a great June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful views and architecture. The boots and jeans are pretty awesome :)
    I love the throw back shares- what a great half time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's June already. Seems like you had a great trip. I'm also trying to recover from injuries. Are we getting old...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos once again! Glad to see you back at it and hope June is a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful places! Here's hoping June is trouble-free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the reason for the jeans as flower pots?
    Good luck for good running in June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that 61 mins for 10k as a first run back after time off isn't that slow. But I guess it is when you compare it to your race pace in 1985. Wow, you were really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adesso sei in ripresa ed andremo in giro a gareggiare. C'è la 3^ edizione della "Corri al Parco degli Angeli", km 8,200 in programma a Cerveteri il 14 giugno (tra due settimane). La locandina, che poi ti invierò via e-mail, non parla di pacco gara. Forse l'assenza di pacco gara è dovuta al fatto che l'intero importo sarà devoluto in beneficienza.

    Ho letto il tuo commento sulla mia gara di ieri. Io non ero "influenzato" ma raffreddato. Con l'influenza non corro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the back sprain and the mole is better off removed. Despite all this, it still looks like you had a productive month. Beautiful travels as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd be top 50 of 400 in Canberra now with a time like that. Hope next month is better. I like the flowers in the old jeans - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took two weeks off too so I feel your pain. Here's to a good June for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all that exercising is still a great achievement, but please recover thoroughly! Just read Dr Metzl's book Strength Training for Runners - he says 1 minute per muscle with the foam roller! Wow! Right?

    ReplyDelete