Sunday, July 05, 2015

Orbetello Night Run

Prologue: At last I have raced. Last friday, with Sir Giorgio, I went to Orbetello, in the green part of Tuscany named Maremma, to run the Orbetello Night Run, 6.9 km (4 laps) through the narrow streets in cobblestone of the beautiful ancient town. The start was at 09.00 p.m. but the weather was still hot and humid. Of course I have run only for fun and I was so wise not to push to avoid possible injures. After the race a good italian dinner in a typical restaurant.
Stats: 6.9 km in 35:14 (5:06/km - 8:13/m) my PW on the distance. 141° of 162 ... almost the last.
Here are some photos of the place, before and during the race, the well deserved swag.
I hope to race again soon, but no more plans!








12 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely race in beautiful surrounds! Well done, Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very fun race through the streets. I think I might opt for some pasta today Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very fun race through the streets. I think I might opt for some pasta today Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks like a great event! Nice work. PW maybe but still a great pace especially coming off injuries!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Glad to hear you're racing again, even if it's not the pace you're used to having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Stefano ;) Looks like a nice spot to run and dinner is always better after a run, right?! Well done on running and enjoying being in the moment. It wouldn't be fun to push and end up hurt again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prossimo appuntamento tra due settimane. Ho già ricevuto la locandina via email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Complimenti! Bello davvero! Sono contenta che fai le gare sempre. And these pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always such nutricious swag in Italy! Sounds like it was fun and great you've been able to race again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful area to do a race and I think you ran a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am dying that you get pasta and sauce as swag at a race in Italy...I hope I can experience that swag one day - very cool.

    It looks gorgeous there by the sea and palm trees. I am in awe of your pace, despite it being your PW race. I always think anytime we can race, it is a blessing that our bodies allow us to do this and to just be grateful. I know you are. Very proud of you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Stefano! That would be a fun race. I wish we had some evening races in summer - I'd enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete